VOTE BHQ Player of Round Two

Who is your player of Round One? (Pick 3)

• David Mead

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Anthony Milford

• Brodie Croft

• Thomas Flegler

• Alex Glenn

• Patrick Carrigan

• John Asiata

• Rhys Kennedy

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Pick your three best players from Friday Night's match against the Gold Coast Titans and discuss below. You can change your mind until the poll closes on Wednesday night.

Congratulations to Jake Turpin, winner of Round One. Well played!

BHQ Best Round one

LEADERBOARD

Jake Turpin
Anthony Milford
David Mead
Herbie Farnworth
Jamayne Isaako
Xavier Coates
Tevita Pangai Junior
John Asiata
Patrick Carrigan
Brodie Croft

Last edited:
Riki, Niu and Teo

I don't know, maybe just Riki

Only voted for Riki. TPJ isn't getting any credit from me for waking up in the last 15 minutes when the game was already lost. The rest can get fucked, especially Milford, Croft, Isaako and Carrigan.

for me it was easy as **** to pick the 3 best for us ... the hard thing was the order; i've been switching them around for ages, finally landed with:

3 points: TPJ - was a beast tonight, 26 tackles, 194m from 22 runs and the best stat of all ZERO penalties conceded

2 points: Riki - IMO, this kid is going to be better than Fifita. runs great lines, goes looking for work and hits hard

1 point: Nui - this kid is going to be a dangerous center for us ... just need to teach him to defend. if we can keep Staggs we will have serious threats on both sides of the field

I loved how TPJ decked Fifita and then after the match they both talked about what great mates they are.

for me it was easy as **** to pick the 3 best for us ... the hard thing was the order; i've been switching them around for ages, finally landed with:

3 points: TPJ - was a beast tonight, 26 tackles, 194m from 22 runs and the best stat of all ZERO penalties conceded

2 points: Riki - IMO, this kid is going to be better than Fifita. runs great lines, goes looking for work and hits hard

1 point: Nui - this kid is going to be a dangerous center for us ... just need to teach him to defend. if we can keep Staggs we will have serious threats on both sides of the field
My choices and thoughts precisely, though what to do with Herbie?

I feel sorry for Glenn. He isn't a captain and he is barely good enough to be playing first grade. Perhaps more accurately, a good player to have in a good team in a supporting role, a bad player to have in a bad team in a starring role.

Like most things Broncos, he is not the right shape for the gap he is needing to fit in. He is trying his hardest, cannot fault him for that. He just needs help from somewhere, anyone really to take on a leadership support role. He has no one out there to work with.

I do think Bullemor, Riki, Farnworth and Carrigan will get there, just need 3 or so years.

I feel sorry for Glenn. He isn't a captain and he is barely good enough to be playing first grade. Perhaps more accurately, a good player to have in a good team in a supporting role, a bad player to have in a bad team in a starring role.

Like most things Broncos, he is not the right shape for the gap he is needing to fit in. He is trying his hardest, cannot fault him for that. He just needs help from somewhere, anyone really to take on a leadership support role. He has no one out there to work with.

I do think Bullemor, Riki, Farnworth and Carrigan will get there, just need 3 or so years.
I don’t feel sorry for him at all.

Sure, he’s never going to setup 3 tries a game, kick a 40/20 or run the length, but he can
marshal the troops behind the sticks, he can take the tough carry and he can pull off the big hit to inspire the team.

He simply doesn’t. If he’s not doing the things he can do, why bother having him in the team at all.

I don’t feel sorry for him at all.

Sure, he’s never going to setup 3 tries a game, kick a 40/20 or run the length, but he can
marshal the troops behind the sticks, he can take the tough carry and he can pull off the big hit to inspire the team.

He simply doesn’t. If he’s not doing the things he can do, why bother having him in the team at all.

But those are the things are good captain would do. I literally said in my post he wasn't a good captain and he is lucky to be in first grade. That said, I do think he is doing his best and I won't fault him for that. He needs help because like it or not, he is the captain because there are literally no other options, that tells you everything. He isn't a good captain and he has no one to help him become one.

Unread

Active Now

• ivanhungryjak
  • Mustafur
  • winslow_wong
  • Morkel
  • Broncosgirl
  • bazza
  • Allo
  • Harry Sack
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.