BHQ Round 6 - The comeback!

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Awesome win tonight guys! Up against a mob that spent half an hour before the game running through set plays and moves [icon_ee :shock:

They came out and sure enough, 5-0 after 5 minutes...we looked like shot ducks. Getting pissed off, I leave the field and instantly we score 3 tries back to back! [icon_lol1.

Down 6-4 at half time, we annihilated them in the second half, scoring 5 in a row to start the half, then went try for try to end up winning 11-8.

thedman was awesome scoring 4 tries. Hammo's length of the field pearler from a kickoff was a sight to behold. The last time I saw so many dummies was that episode of the Simpsons where Maggie liberated the babies in the childcare centre.

Some real courage too with Andy playing with a hole in his arse (sorry if that was meant to be private) and Luke playing with rib cartilage damage he copped last week.

Next week is 6.15pm vs Sparq Plugs. Another quality team so look out.

I won't play. I'm an old man that should be put down! [icon_lol1.

Yep, agreed! We could've dropped our heads and let another "last week" occur. We just needed a bit of ball and some settlers and we gelled back to our usual structure and plays.

Hey Flutterby, because it's an early game next week I'll get Iris and baby Mia to come!!!

Sweet! I won't play but I'll come along for support, and to see Mia...bet she's huge now! (compared to when I saw her, what, 3 days old? :-) )

The structure is where we let ourselves down last week, however we didn't have the subs and us "middle men" were buggered which made it hard to settle the game down to our speed.

Last night, this is exactly where we went right IMO. Their first 3 tries, which came very quickly, were from forced passes and general poor mistakes on our behalf. However, we had the ability to step back, slow down our attack to our speed and ended up not only forcing them to make errors, but also put on a few ourselves.

This gave us the confidence for the 2nd half.

Well summarised Hammo. I still think the key is to make sure people understand that if any of our "middle men" (you, me, Ghibli, Tee) call for a quick ball at first receiver that dummyhalf gives it to us straight away. A few of us tend to dawdle or take a few steps etc.

Once a middle man gets hold of it, with guys like thedman, the artist formerly known as Frank the Tank, Rubes, Luke, Andy etc hitting holes it makes it so much easier to get a roll on.

Yep - awesome effort boys. I feel privledged to have witnessed it. After the first 5 mins I thought you were going to get thrashed and they'd have to invoke the Mercy Rule - but full credit to the whole team, as Tee said at the end of the game everyone contributed.

And I will be sure to be there next week to see Iris and Mia.

One word to describe this performance:

Lucky [icon_razz1

Lucky....bitch please.

Your just jealous J-Dog that we have an awesome team.

Aeetee said:
Lucky....bitch please.

Man, can't believe you just called him J-Dog. [icon_lol1. Select another one of his nicknames please T-Man.

We do! This team is so much better now we've got rid of some of the players holding us back last season.

(Oh hai Beads :P Just joking).

Aeetee said:
Lucky....bitch please.

We too will have an 'awesome' team this season!

We have also got rid of the dead wood, uncommitted people for a very solid 10-11 players. Our speed and footy awareness will be greatly improved with our new recruits _woohoo_

I think we need a one off tournament played in a neutral venue such as Coffs Harbour!

Start a fund raising thread and BHQ can all chip in to send us down there; BHQ Brisbane play The Daquiris!!!

Two words, one symbol; Brisbane > Sydney

Well Done Guys [eusa_clap.gi

Active Now

• Old Mate
  • Dash
  • Fozz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.