BHQ - Semi Final

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Guys just wondering how we did tonight. sorry i had to leave but i just wasn't well enough to play and would have been a major liability.

We were tied 2 all at fulltime and after some confusion went into golden point extra time and they scored, so we went down 3 - 2. This was the team we went down to last week 10 - 5, so I thought we played awesome! Our defence was unreal, just unlucky in the end

Big thanks to Coxy for organising this season and making sure we had enough players each week, etc - awesome work!

Keen for next season - does anyone know when it starts?

bad luck guys!
thedman said:
Big thanks to Coxy for organising this season and making sure we had enough players each week, etc - awesome work!
+1

I'm keen for next season too, not to sure when it starts though

Thanks guys, as I said by SMS, great season, better than last season and always improving. We'll beat those mofos next season :P

Next comp should start in 4-5 weeks. I'll post here, Facebook and send Text messages to get yes/nos from everyone and arrange money.

Well done BHQ.

Hahaha, I knew it was coming ;-) And yes, very unlucky.

Yeah, it was a great game by all, everyone played really well. We played a perfect wet weather game, we held them to 1 try for 39 minutes and 55 seconds. Unfortunately they scored off a questionable 'over the top' pass on the hooter.

In golden point we won the toss, and I yelled out for us to kick (which in hindsight probably wasn't the best decision). I really felt that we could've pinned them deep down in their half from the kick-off and either force a mistake or that they produced another one of their above shoulder kicks and have the ball within their half. Even though we defended really well, and kept them deep in their half, however they got a really good kick away which pulled up about 1 meter from our line. As luck would have it, we dropped it about 15 meters out from our own line on the 3rd tackle, and they scored a couple of plays later. I wish I didn't yell out "We'll kick off"!

Always next season.

And also a massive thanks to Coxy for organising and managing the team - it's a thankless job but you without any hassles.

I'm also in for next season, and I have 1 friend (never played Oztag - just Touch) who is keen for a run.

Awesome Ghibli. If there's enough interest for another team we'll definitely run around again. Tee is out at this stage, too many injuries, needs to recover. Hammo is likely to be in and out of cognito for a while with work.

I'm happy to organise but I might be a week on, week off proposition...feeling leg weary...realised this season marked 10 years of playing oztag non-stop. Youch.

You are all being so diplomatic - you were completely robbed. The Fulltime hooter went before they played the ball and threw that forward pass to score their second, so they shouldn't have even been able have the chance.

And don't get me started on the shit contact calls you got (Tee can do that LOL)

But what happened afterwards was a debarcle. The ref a) didn't realise it was a semi; b) didn't know what to do in the result of a tie. Seriously wrong that was. Also they didn't have anyone to time the extra time (the got the next round of matches going on the other fields), someone who was watching was timing it on her mobile (not stopwatch, just the clock on her mobile). And not to mention Coxy had to miss the start of his next match cause they didn't actually account for having to play extra time. I like the email you sent to Troy Coxy - was very well said; hopefully the idiots that actually run it take some notice - it's not Troy's fault, he really doesn't have the support he needs.

Ah well as others have said - there's always next season. I enjoyed supporting you guys again this year.

Well Flutterby, I vented during my second game. So I got over it. Can approach it with a calmer head.

Still fucking pissed.

Active Now

• Fozz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.