BHQ's Bars & Restaurant Guide

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Rep
I searched the threads ....but couldn't find anything, soooo

introducing BHQ's very own version of the urban spoon !!!

:eating:

Doesn't have to be "fancy" ....but please, no advice on which Maccas has the best quarter pounders.

The Roman Empire Restaurant
Shop 1/742 Creek Rd, Carindale Queensland 4152

Took the ball and chain out for some eats Saturday night.....we landed here.

We both shared a large Caesar salad with grilled chicken and the bread of the day, a lovely fresh white loaf filled with garlic cheese and egg plant with a tomato base. Both were very tasty.

For mains, I had the pumpkin and ricotta ravioli. The mrs had a piece of barramundi.

I was a bit disappointed with the ravioli....the ricotta filling was a bit on the stingy side. The pumpkin sauce was delicious. Mrs Fourex very happy with the fish

4 glasses of Lambrusco red for the mrs and 3 Coronas for me. Total price.....$120 something.

Service was great. From the moment we were seated the waitress was attending to us. Immediately served us water while we chose our drinks........she let us sip at them for 5-10 mins while we perused the menu. She sensed we were ready to order .........entrees were with us in under 10 mins. Mains maybe 15 mins after finishing entrees .......all very well co-ordinated.

Overall rating: (5 stars being the best and 1 star being the worst)

3.8 stars.

Nashy

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
Beer Thai Garden Restaurant

2765 Gold Coast Hwy, Broadbeach QLD 4218 ‎

Fantastic. My favourite.

I also rate Tomato Brothers at Coorparoo.

Cult3

State of Origin Captain
I actually had the worst KFC I've ever had tonight from the Capalaba store. Actually that's a lie. I got food poisoning at one on the Gold Coast a few years ago.

Anyway one of my favourite places to eat is Carolina Kitchen in Coorparoo. It's American food so wings, ribs, hoagies, chilli fries and chilli dogs etc. They do better chilli dogs than I actually had in New York to be honest. The people that work there are super nice and the experience is very Southern America. Fast service too. God I miss the food in America haha. Half the price and double the size of an Australian meal.

Cult3

State of Origin Captain
Man Vs Food makes me salivate every time I watch it.

Why oh why don't we have some of that fast food in OZ. It doesn't look hard to do.
I went to a few places that I specifically saw on Man VS Food haha. In Vegas I went to Hash House a Go Go and in New York I went to Amy Ruths. Also Hooters is amazing.

Cult3

State of Origin Captain
For its food? :aetsch:
Yeah haha and the boobs. We ordered 5 things between 2 people and the chick laughed at us. There's a picture of me after the meal laying face down on the table because I ate way too much

Porthoz

International Captain
Staff
Yeah haha and the boobs. We ordered 5 things between 2 people and the chick laughed at us. There's a picture of me after the meal laying face down on the table because I ate way too much
Only possible reason you would be face down on the table at Hooters!

I would be too distracted to eat and probably stab my face several times while trying to put food in my mouth...

Last edited:

Kimlo

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
Sultans Restaurant Sandgate road. This is a Turkish restaurant but the food is unmatched by any other restaurant I've tried.

subsbligh

NRL Captain
The Smoke BBQ, New Farm (previously Blue Smoke).

A bit of a Sunday pre-match tradition. If you are ever in the mood for 'Murica style eats, bloody amazing Beef Short Ribs that just fall of the bone (and you can take the missus and pretend its fancy).

Better than SSS Barn or Ribs and Rumps by a mile.

That, Sam Adams beer and a TAB across the road.

Friday, 14 March can't come soon enough!!!

simmo77

QCup Player
GC
Alex Bar & Grill at Alexandra Heads sunny coast. Ribs and wings and beer. Get a table outside in the early evening overlooking the beach.

Pickled Cactus at Biggera Waters goldy. Killer little mexican joint. Looks a bit dodgy but the food is insane. Pro tip- split a Fabulous Fajita Feast with your lady friend and a jug or two of sangria or a few margaritas or try the Tortilla Stack (think mexican lasagna)

Cult3

State of Origin Captain
The Smoke BBQ, New Farm (previously Blue Smoke).

A bit of a Sunday pre-match tradition. If you are ever in the mood for 'Murica style eats, bloody amazing Beef Short Ribs that just fall of the bone (and you can take the missus and pretend its fancy).

Better than SSS Barn or Ribs and Rumps by a mile.

That, Sam Adams beer and a TAB across the road.

Friday, 14 March can't come soon enough!!!
I have heard good things about this place. I'll be sure to try it out!

Nashy

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
Speaking of SSS in town. Love that place, but don't go near the place due to the ex' best friend managing the joint.

Nashy

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
Sultans Restaurant Sandgate road. This is a Turkish restaurant but the food is unmatched by any other restaurant I've tried.
In Virginia yeah? The one next to Brodies with a drive through? Never been, will have to go now!

Kimlo

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
I've had a kebab from there a few times, and souvlaki desserts, but didn't think it was that extraordinary to be honest.

their kebabs are awesome but there's only so much you can do there.

Get a banquet if you ever go dine in. The Adana is amazing and so is the rest that comes with it.

Speaking of kebabs, kebab fuel (formerly k kebab) on Kingston road

adjoined to the Matilda fuel station make amazing kebab and chips, pizza too but the kebab as always depends who makes it. The owner and his son are by far the best at it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Twitter