1 Try

Jonathon Thurston
(2005-Current)
11 Games
6 Wins 5 Losses
1 Try, 20 Goals

Easy peasey Japanesey.

The great Alfie Langer.

In terms of the company around him, this is the easiest one so far. Langer by lots.

Definately Alf. Most under-rated player of all time.

Has to be Alfie!! Thurston may surpass him in time though.

Lam was also a handy player

Jeza23 said:
Has to be Alfie!! Thurston may surpass him in time though.

Thurston is good but he'll never surpass Alf.

Thurston has the potential to be as good or better but god he is light years away from what Langer achieved at this or any level.

Langer by the length of the Flemington straight.

The great Alfie Langer. icon_thumbs_u I still laugh at the people who said (when he made his debut in 1987) that he wouldn't make it in origin because he was to small. [icon_lol1. but since he has played more origin games than any other player.

Impossible to go past Alfie here - he's scooting off with 100% of the vote atm!

Did so much for the Maroons over SO many years. But, as others have pointed out, it could undoubtedly be a MUCH closer race in 5-6 years time. Thurston is definitely an incredible talent and has been pivotal in Qld's recent successes. If he keeps it going, who knows? He could well be remembered as being even greater than the little prince of Lang Park!

Thurston? [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1.

Once again, you have to wonder whther the youth have actually watched older games?

Alf dominated Origin and IMHO is better than Johns. Not many will agree with me, but I haven't seen Johns dominated Origins like Alf did.

Lewis/ Langer.

I doubt there will ever be a halves combination as dominate as those two men. imagine if they had a baby???

Alf #1. 2001 Game 3...one of the best games EVER EVER!

JT is the 2nd best half we've had though to be fair.

Hammo said:
Thurston? [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1.

Once again, you have to wonder whther the youth have actually watched older games?

???? eusa_think

No one has selected Thurston, mate. People have just acknowledged that, with more years under his belt, he could challenge Alf. There's plenty of truth in that.

Didn't realise just how good Alf's try scoring strike rate at Origin was. A try every 3 and a half games is bloody good for a little halfback!

Hammo said:

Alf dominated Origin and IMHO is better than Johns. Not many will agree with me, but I haven't seen Johns dominated Origins like Alf did.

Lewis/ Langer.

I doubt there will ever be a halves combination as dominate as those two men. imagine if they had a baby???

I totally agree. While Johns did dominate quite a few games, he just didn't have the instinct and cunning Alfie had.

Up until 2000 that's the case Stu, and from then on he suffered injury after injury. Admittedly the few times he did get on the field he dominated Queensland, but I think it's fair to say Queensland had some pretty weak teams in those early '00s, particularly 2003-2005.

It wasn't until the rise of Inglis, Smith, Thurston and the great Karmichael Hunt that Queensland started to assert their authoritaaaaah.

True. And QLD won both those series.

So correction. Johns sucked :P

No love for Paul Green? He was supposed to be the next Alfie. Supposed to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Manofoneway
  • Skathen
  • broncos4life
  • GCBRONCO
  • Alec
  • ivanhungryjak
  • LGH
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Johnny92
  • heartly87
  • leon.bott
  • Manifesto
  • FACTHUNT
  • Financeguy
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Broncosgirl
  • Harry Sack
  • whykickamoocow
  • IceWorks
... and 12 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.