BHQ's Health Thread - Discuss food, exercise and anything else health related!

Discussion in 'General Talk' started by ningnangnong, Feb 1, 2012.

1. ningnangnong

ningnangnong HACK THE PLANET!!!

I didn't take photos or anything, but kept a log of my weigh-ins each week. Weighed myself at the same time each week, and watching the number drop is mint. Especially when you look at it over a decent period of time.

Great work Freaky, keep it up.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2018
    broncospwn likes this.
  2. Browny

Browny State of Origin Captain

Drunk
    So my rib cartilage is a bit worse then I first thought. It’s been a week and it’s still feeling pretty shit.

I’ll attempt a run tomorrow but pretty sure it’ll turn into a walk

3. Clintos

Clintos NRL Captain

Weekly was too much for me. I have just been going 1st of the month, every month.
    Sometimes there are big drops, sometimes there's only a few kilos. At least that way I avoid disappointment if I weigh myself and saw nothing one week.

I actually weigh in daily usually, I find it helps me keep on track, but I certainly see why people avoid it. I certainly wouldn't recommend it but I like to track numbers pretty obsessively, at the start though it was only weekly.

4. ivanhungryjak

ivanhungryjak NRL Captain

I used to do it this way too. I used an app which graphed the weight loss. That downward trajectory was sweet, even when you had a few hiccups along the way.

broncospwn likes this.
  5. Alec

Alec International Rep

I think once a week is better when you're starting out, maybe even once every 2 weeks, just to see a significant enough drop to keep you motivated. Once it becomes easier/second nature, go for it as much as you want.

6. I really need to get some scales tbh.

7. Clintos

Clintos NRL Captain

Overrated tbh.

8. Clintos

Clintos NRL Captain

I use an app as well called "Monitor Your Weight". The graphs and stuff are good, and you can get your own reference points every time you weigh in.

It also graphs projected weight loss timelines as well.

Though it's all based on BMI - which is a load of shit.

9. Browny

Browny State of Origin Captain

Drunk
    So did 6ks this morning, a little slower then usual but was able to handle the rib pain fairly well.

See how I go with another run tomorrow

Morkel likes this.
  10. I know I’m meant to be on a diet, but today that’s on hold because of Carl’s Jr opening around the corner from me today.

I’ve been waiting a very long time for that to open and the day has finally arrived.

So I’m off to get me a **** burger.

11. Pics and review please

broncospwn likes this.
  12. ivanhungryjak

ivanhungryjak NRL Captain

Yep, i think that was it. Also agree about BMI.

13. Went there, saw the line-up and turned around. It was all the way back to the street.

I'll wait a few days for the hype to die down a bit until I go back. **** standing in the heat for over an hour. But it's a shame. I always take Morris Road to go to Redcliffe because I hate dealing with the traffic along on the main road but now that road is going to be **** packed as ****.

Harry Sack likes this.
  14. Sproj

Sproj

@ningnangnong@ningnangnong you got spare pedals by any chance...and helmet? I’m looking at a bike but doesn’t have pedals. :(

15. Woolies have those Weight Watchers meals on special for $2.90 each.

I was going to grab a whole bunch of them until I saw them and saw they all had Parmesan cheese on it.

**** Parmesan cheese. Smells and tastes like vomit.

16. ningnangnong

Weight Watchers meals are pure shite, lad. Weener portions, high in sodium, and just taste like crap.

Better off steaming some fresh veges, and cooking up some chicken.

Harry Sack likes this.
  17. ningnangnong

Negative on the pedals hombre. I have an old helmet, but it's a bit seedy haha, even after a wash.

18. Yep. Just prep a pile of veg in a container and each day grab a cup full or whatever, steam and away you go. Combine with some form of protein and boom.

ningnangnong likes this.
  19. Sproj

Sproj

No probs, next time my man. In the Castle at present. Do you know if there is a shop to hire a bike from?