BHQ's Health Thread - Discuss food, exercise and anything else health related!

Morkel

International Captain
Staff
You've gone to the dark side. You know it's hard to come back from there
Yeah, but I'm not worried. I'll inevitably get the shits, lose 10kgs, feel great, feel comfortable again and put on 20. It's the circle of life.

Foordy

International Rep
Staff
with the gyms closing, i'm a but worried about putting on a lot of weight (and i can definitely stand to lose some as it is)

do any of you fitness fanatics know of what exercises would be best to do at home

Harry Sack

State of Origin Captain
Chris Hemsworth fitness app is free for the next 6 weeks or something. Don't know if it's just a fitness tracker or if there's actual exercises in there. Push ups, squats, chin ups and sit ups with your body weight as the most basic bitch work out.

ivanhungryjak

State of Origin Rep
Suncorp Stadium
with the gyms closing, i'm a but worried about putting on a lot of weight (and i can definitely stand to lose some as it is)

do any of you fitness fanatics know of what exercises would be best to do at home
Haven’t checked it out yet but somebody said the Chris Hemsworth app is now free.

what he said...

Last edited:

Morkel

International Captain
Staff
You've rung the Chris Hemsworth hotline. I hope you and I can get married some day.

Renegade

NRL Captain
I'm on a month long psmf challenge, I was upto 82kg after my trip to the states in Jan/Feb. Started last Monday, down to 78.8 as of today.

Expect to get to around 73ish by the end of the month.

Allo

NRL Captain
I'm on a month long psmf challenge, I was upto 82kg after my trip to the states in Jan/Feb. Started last Monday, down to 78.8 as of today.

Expect to get to around 73ish by the end of the month.
I would’ve thought just by not being in America you’d naturally lose the weight you gained

Renegade

NRL Captain
I would’ve thought just by not being in America you’d naturally lose the weight you gained
truth be told i only gained maybe 2-3kgs the entire time i was in the US which is pretty good by my standards, it was just a cumulative thing - xmas, then 5 week holiday soon after, then knee surgery.

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Peñíscola
If I was to ever visit the US for a holiday, I'd definitely be coming back obese.

It's the perfect storm - the laidback attitude you take to eating healthy/clean when you're on holiday, and all of the greasy, super-sized delicious food options in the US!

Super Freak

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
It's the perfect storm - the laidback attitude you take to eating healthy/clean when you're on holiday, and all of the greasy, super-sized delicious food options in the US!
Yeah this.

I was constantly stuffing my face when I was in Taiwan. The amount of choices you had with street food, plus the all you can eat hot pots and the dumpling restaurants, you just have to try everything.

Renegade

NRL Captain
If I was to ever visit the US for a holiday, I'd definitely be coming back obese.

my record is 10kg in 5 weeks. just ate anything greasy that i could get my hands on, plus a shitload of booze (free pour ftw)

Harry Sack

State of Origin Captain

Will believe it when I see it friend. Haven't seen one in a while but occasionally you'll post about how you ate 3 family pizzas or 4L of ice cream in one sitting.

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Peñíscola
Will believe it when I see it friend. Haven't seen one in a while but occasionally you'll post about how you ate 3 family pizzas or 4L of ice cream in one sitting.
If you'll recall, I ate a large amount of schnitzel back in December, and provided proof on my FB profile. :)

Next time I'm in Brissie, we'll tee up a BHQ food challenge. Legit.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.