BHQ's Health Thread - Discuss food, exercise and anything else health related!

FGfrom50

NYC Player
Any runners on here?
I've been a bit of a weekend warrior for the last 8 months or so, but have been enjoying it (something I thought was impossible previously!). I was happy to see my parkrun time coming down. My 5k PB currently sits at 23:08. So not fast, but not extremely slow Fell of a bit over Christmas, but would probably be back at that kind of pace at the moment in the semi race environment. Doing between 10 and 20k per week, most of it at 4:50-5:20 min/km. Occasionally do some faster laps or intervals, but with no real pattern or understanding of what I'm doing.
Wondering if a more experienced runner has advice on getting that time down? :)

Huge

State of Origin Rep
Ipswich
I've used the covid downtime to get renovation work done but with weight loss as a dual goal. I've dropped from 123.4ks to 105.5ks as of this morning. For those interested I started by limiting shit food progressing to total avoidance. Eventually I forced myself into ketosis by limiting myself to just 20 net carbs a day. By doing yard work, carpentry etc I started burning the fat so to speak. I could have done way more exercise and I'm certain been further along had I done so. Still, 18ks since covid hit isn't too shabby.

I'm looking forward to getting below the magic 100ks because the last time was 1986. A keto style diet seemed to be a good move for me but I'd really only recommend it to achieve a target then go back to a less stringent food programme. Since I became interested in carbs I was amazed at the gargantuan intake I had previously. I ditched bread which was hard.

soup

State of Origin Captain
T’ba
I've used the covid downtime to get renovation work done but with weight loss as a dual goal. I've dropped from 123.4ks to 105.5ks as of this morning. For those interested I started by limiting shit food progressing to total avoidance. Eventually I forced myself into ketosis by limiting myself to just 20 net carbs a day. By doing yard work, carpentry etc I started burning the fat so to speak. I could have done way more exercise and I'm certain been further along had I done so. Still, 18ks since covid hit isn't too shabby.

I'm looking forward to getting below the magic 100ks because the last time was 1986. A keto style diet seemed to be a good move for me but I'd really only recommend it to achieve a target then go back to a less stringent food programme. Since I became interested in carbs I was amazed at the gargantuan intake I had previously. I ditched bread which was hard.
Yeah bread based products and almost all processed food is the problem for me. Including beer.

Fucking well done!

be careful of your liver and kidneys with ketosis.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Teak1983

Members online

No members online now.

Twitter