Billy Slater Speed

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
So this guy turns 35 this year, and looks as fast as ever?

I'm struggling to think of any other player who at 35 is still as quick as he is.

Thoughts? One off freak of nature? Storm training program? Pure determination to stay super fit?

His injuries that he's had in recent times were all upper body. That time off the field has kept his body fresh, he's effectively a season and a half or two seasons younger.

His reaction time must be one of the best in the world. I think that's one of the biggest things about him. He reacts as soon as something happens. Sometimes he reacts before things happen.

I'm struggling to think of any other player who at 35 is still as quick as he is.

Thoughts? One off freak of nature? Storm training program? Pure determination to stay super fit?
I wish Jack Bird stayed in as good a shape as Slater has during his layoffs with injury. The bloke is a freak.... can't stand the bloke.....but great footballer with plenty of professionalism

His injuries that he's had in recent times were all upper body. That time off the field has kept his body fresh, he's effectively a season and a half or two seasons younger.

This and he likely looks after himself incredibly well.

It’s telling when you compare his enthusiasm, his speed, his ground coverage, support play and attacking instinct to our full back. This is not meant to be a dig at Boyd. It’s just one large aspect of the difference when comparing our teams. Slater must be the best ever FB.

Good signs for QLD at least.

Remember when Boyd was the 'best fullback in the game' - was he half as good as Billy? He may do it with his boot, but at least he actually makes an effort to stop tries instead of just watching them happen.

He just looks quick because he's allowed to run behind his own players. He's never worried about getting smashed

Member Removed

Last edited by a moderator:
Imagine being as big of a **** as this guy. I'm talking about Billy Slater by the way. Honest.

Do other forums have threads complimenting opposition players after games? What a load of shit.

He doesn't look quick, he is quick. It's impressive for his age, stop being so salty.

He doesn't look quick, he is quick. It's impressive for his age, stop being so salty.
He is. But he is also made to look better by being able to run behind his own players on every kick return. He’s a cheat and gets away with it.

Pure determination.

When you look at the amount of work he does off the field to stay fit, you would see just why he still has that speed.

He is like Cronk.

Linford Christie made the Olympics 100 mtr final at age 36.

I think the most amazing thing about Slater is his hunger to compete at his age and his list of accomplishments.

I dunno. Cam Smith is almost as quick ... at slowing the play down talking to the refs...:notsureifserious:

How good was Billy getting out of the in goal when he had 4 players bearing down on him (first 5 mins of match). Pure class. So calm back there.

He is. But he is also made to look better by being able to run behind his own players on every kick return. He’s a cheat and gets away with it.

Is he cheating? To me he is trying his luck and getting away with things because the refs are so poor.

Yeah if the refs are that shit why not push it.

Slater shits all over Boyd btw, even at Boyd’s sinew peak stars all aligned best, he is trash compared to Slater.

I’ve never been a Boyd fan, he is pure garbage, absolute trash. I wish he actually went on these forums so he could know exactly how much of a shit **** I think he is. Trash.

Active Now

• Harry Sack
  • Broncosgirl
  • Redux
  • bazza
  • Spoon
  • Johnny92
  • Galah
  • winslow_wong
  • Mustafur
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.