Bird - 8 Week Suspension

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
[h=1]Greg Bird to miss State of Origin after NRL judiciary hands down eight-week ban for grade 2 dangerous throw[/h]

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/greg-bird-to-miss-state-of-origin-after-nrl-judiciary-hands-down-eight-week-ban-for-grade-2-dangerous-throw/story-fni3fqyo-1227338929029

Fantastic news.

I expected him to get off lightly.

The **** got what he has had coming for a long time.

Very few players are more deserving of this than this shitbag. Eat a dick you disgrace of a human being

The arsehole blamed the tackle on Corey Parker.

There was no way he deserved to get away with a downgrade. On the radio they were saying "There are no hands between the legs... I think Parker contributed greatly, he's the one who pushed his upper body down" but then someone else goes "if you look at it, Bird has two attempts to lift Nightingale's legs, it's clearly deliberate" and the rest kind of mumble and shut up.

Oddly , I thought Bird had reason to try for a downgrade. I'm not saying he isn't deserving but when I looked at the tackle in isolation I thought Parker contributed to Nightingale landing awkwardly. He is a grub and if you lift a player, getting into trouble is always a possibility . He certainly is starting to look like a liability for any club who sign him after the Titans contract is up.

I agree. Without researching it, I feel like there have been other times where he has done worse and got away with it. He won't be missed from the game for the next two months.

Well deserved. It's a rough game and any player is bound to come under scrutiny at some time or another. However, he's a serial offender incapable of playing tough but fair. Deadset sook when he's on the receiving end too.

He may have done worse in the past, but he's been due a long suspension for some time. If he can't (and I doubt he can) rub the grubbiness out of his game, we're better for his prolonged absence.

Taking Bird out of the equation, it is just good to see the judiciary show some balls and up hold the original charge instead of players getting downgrades when they should not have

There was no way he deserved to get away with a downgrade. On the radio they were saying "There are no hands between the legs... I think Parker contributed greatly, he's the one who pushed his upper body down" but then someone else goes "if you look at it, Bird has two attempts to lift Nightingale's legs, it's clearly deliberate" and the rest kind of mumble and shut up.

Ah, mumble fade into shut up when proven you are talking out your arse. AKA the Dan Gannane special

Taking Bird out of the equation, it is just good to see the judiciary show some balls and up hold the original charge instead of players getting downgrades when they should not have

Yep, and I have no doubt that bird rolled the dice because he thought for sure they wouldn't run him out of origin.

Positive for bird is that he won't have to get out of his suit as he goes straight to court today for his possession charges. Think of the ironing Mrs Bird won't have to do.

Yep, and I have no doubt that bird rolled the dice because he thought for sure they wouldn't run him out of origin.

Positive for bird is that he won't have to get out of his suit as he goes straight to court today for his possession charges. Think of the ironing Mrs Bird won't have to do.

Yeah, and Mrs Bird is sick of being ironed out.

8 weeks is probably fair, but Reynolds getting only 1 for a trip is not. Still massive inconsistencies at the judiciary. its a joke

8 weeks is probably fair, but Reynolds getting only 1 for a trip is not. Still massive inconsistencies at the judiciary. its a joke

It really needs to be changed so it's independent.

Played the game before? Not eligible.
Friends with anyone on the NRL board? Not eligible.
Mates with ex players or administrators? Not eligible.

It really needs to be changed so it's independent.

Played the game before? Not eligible.
Friends with anyone on the NRL board? Not eligible.
Mates with ex players or administrators? Not eligible.

Which means you're pretty much left with Banker David Smith and his fellow beancounters. Or refs. I agree in theory to what you're saying, but the alternative is someone who doesn't have touch with the game. It would be great for consistency, but they'll be consistently wrong.

Surprised this hasn't been mentioned yet but IIRC weren't Harrison (kiwi) and McKenna (Queenslander) two thirds of the judiciary?

Which means you're pretty much left with Banker David Smith and his fellow beancounters. Or refs. I agree in theory to what you're saying, but the alternative is someone who doesn't have touch with the game. It would be great for consistency, but they'll be consistently wrong.

Why would it be wrong? They drop the emotion, they drop their knowledge of the game and this bullshit of "Oh but it does happen sometimes, so it's ok".

Take Sir Lawrence Street for example. Independent.

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • Sproj
  • Broncosgirl
  • Broncorob
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Battler
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.