NEWS Bird bungle: 'It's unlike the Broncos to panic'

Sproj

International Rep
I think Roberts and Bird would have them covered tbh. I really think the way things went for Bird last season has made people forget just what a quality player he actually is.
As a RIGHT Centre he was really good, he’ll be playing left Centre at this point and judging on how he went last year (yes I know injuries, etc), he hasn’t got any runs on the board at all in that position.

Kyall

NRL Player
I think Manu from the Roosters is giving a little too much credit but overrated in my opinion.

Alec

International Rep
Yeah Manu had a superb end to the season, was the best centre in the comp.

Sproj

International Rep
Say what you will about the Roosters (and we all do) but one thing they are experts at (aside from cap dodginess) is not being afraid of ditching established players for the up and coming guns if they warrant it. In other words, they aren’t afraid to be ruthless.

JAHHW

NRL Player
Manu looked really good when the Jet burned him and Mitchell on the outside earlier in the year!

I just wanted to bring that up again, it was great to watch.

Last edited:

ostin86

QCup Player
I’m pretty sure Mitchell has been harder for us to handle but Roberts definitely burned him late in that game.
Really? We seemed to handle him quite well.
You guys might be right. I checked his stats from our last meeting and they were not too impressive. I do remember him playing well against us. Maybe it was in our first game against the roosters this year, he ran for more meters that game. And in regards to Mitchell, he is a handful for any team he plays against. He is often his own worst enemy but which sometimes holds him back.

Big Pete

International Captain
Brisbane
Manu's performance in the second half in that Round 24 clash was actually pretty strong. He showed Kahu up a few times and created opportunities but couldn't capitilise on them.

Second half stats:

Manu
8 Runs (105m)
3 Offloads
1 Line-Break
7 Tackle-Breaks

Which looks good on paper, but it was compromised by his two errors.

In the first half, Manu only ran the ball, limiting his impact on the game.

Last edited:

Alec

International Rep
Yeah, Manu was all over our left side defence in our 2nd match. If luck went the other way a bit more, they could have scored a couple of times.

Sirlee oldman

NRL Player
Mitchell and Manu is obviously a terrific centre pairing but by the end of next season I think Roberts and Bird will be at least as good or better.
There’s not much between Mitchell and Roberts for talent but I think Roberts is more serious about becoming more consistent and I really hope Seibs will get the backline actually helping him to perform rather than relying on his individual brilliance to score tries.
When Bird is fit I don’t think there’s much between him and Manu in attack. Bird is slightly better with ball in hand and Manu possibly has a slightly better running game but really there’s not much in it.
The difference (when Bird is fit) is Bird’s defence and the fact he is always in the game.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.