NEWS Bird bungle: 'It's unlike the Broncos to panic'

A fit Bird and Roberts will be the best centre pairing in the game
It pains me to say it, but I think the Rorter's pairing of Manu and Mitchell are the best centre combo at the mo.

I think Roberts and Bird would have them covered tbh. I really think the way things went for Bird last season has made people forget just what a quality player he actually is.

As a RIGHT Centre he was really good, he’ll be playing left Centre at this point and judging on how he went last year (yes I know injuries, etc), he hasn’t got any runs on the board at all in that position.

I think Manu from the Roosters is giving a little too much credit but overrated in my opinion.

Yeah Manu had a superb end to the season, was the best centre in the comp.

Manu just needed continual game time. He’s always been good imo

Say what you will about the Roosters (and we all do) but one thing they are experts at (aside from cap dodginess) is not being afraid of ditching established players for the up and coming guns if they warrant it. In other words, they aren’t afraid to be ruthless.

Manu looked really good when the Jet burned him and Mitchell on the outside earlier in the year!

I just wanted to bring that up again, it was great to watch.

Last edited:
He absolutely destroyed us last time we played. It was pretty impressive.

I’m pretty sure Mitchell has been harder for us to handle but Roberts definitely burned him late in that game.

Active Now

• broncos4life
  • Financeguy
  • Santa
  • Broncosgirl
  • Bish
  • Broncorob
  • Allo
  • Pablo
  • Tmac
  • Waynesaurus
  • mieko
  • lynx000
  • TimWhatley
  • FACTHUNT
  • BroncosAlways
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Lozza
  • Aldo
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.