NEWS Bird bungle: 'It's unlike the Broncos to panic'

I’m pretty sure Mitchell has been harder for us to handle but Roberts definitely burned him late in that game.
Really? We seemed to handle him quite well.

You guys might be right. I checked his stats from our last meeting and they were not too impressive. I do remember him playing well against us. Maybe it was in our first game against the roosters this year, he ran for more meters that game. And in regards to Mitchell, he is a handful for any team he plays against. He is often his own worst enemy but which sometimes holds him back.

Manu's performance in the second half in that Round 24 clash was actually pretty strong. He showed Kahu up a few times and created opportunities but couldn't capitilise on them.

Second half stats:

Manu
8 Runs (105m)
3 Offloads
1 Line-Break
7 Tackle-Breaks

Which looks good on paper, but it was compromised by his two errors.

In the first half, Manu only ran the ball, limiting his impact on the game.

Last edited:
Yeah, Manu was all over our left side defence in our 2nd match. If luck went the other way a bit more, they could have scored a couple of times.

Mitchell and Manu is obviously a terrific centre pairing but by the end of next season I think Roberts and Bird will be at least as good or better.
There’s not much between Mitchell and Roberts for talent but I think Roberts is more serious about becoming more consistent and I really hope Seibs will get the backline actually helping him to perform rather than relying on his individual brilliance to score tries.
When Bird is fit I don’t think there’s much between him and Manu in attack. Bird is slightly better with ball in hand and Manu possibly has a slightly better running game but really there’s not much in it.
The difference (when Bird is fit) is Bird’s defence and the fact he is always in the game.

Active Now

• Hurrijo
  • NSW stables
  • Skathen
  • Sproj
  • Maddy
  • Mick_Hancock
  • bb_gun
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Johnny92
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Brocko
  • cento
  • Foordy
  • broncsgoat
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Wild Horse
  • Mustafur
  • Morkel
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • winslow_wong
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.