NEWS Bird credits Bennett and Seibold for getting his mojo back

IIRC Kennedy was on $450k a year. That was Hodges money.

It depends on how the deal was structured. Originally it was reported that the Broncos signed him on a $1 million three year deal. On average that's just over 330K a season, but most likely it was a back-ended deal where he was set to earn more later on. Kennedy may have been in line to earn 400K in those years, but he didn't earn that amount in his one season at the club.

Now if the Broncos had to honour 2015-16, then he'd enter the equation, but I can't imagine the Broncos had to once the NRL and eventually ASADA suspended him. Nothing official was ever announced, but surely clubs have a right to terminate a drug cheats contract?

IIRC Kennedy was on $450k a year. That was Hodges money.
Aye, so who would you rather get with 450k? One of the all-time greats, a man who would be a shoe-in for immortal status if those twerps down south didn't hate him so much, or a giant cream puff?

Aye, so who would you rather get with 450k? One of the all-time greats, a man who would be a shoe-in for immortal status if those twerps down south didn't hate him so much, or a giant cream puff?

One of those I would like to eat, so I'll have to go with that one. Kennedy misses out.

Whatever expectations that were placed on Bird last year surely had to subside when the full extent of his shoulder injury was discovered? The injury wiped out his entire pre-season preventing Bennett from fulfilling his promise and giving Bird more responsibility.

Sure, it was embarrassing on the Broncos behalf that they weren't aware of the sternum injury ahead of time (much like the Gillett situation) but the should was always going to limit Jack's input. Surely he'll have a better second stint because right now he's on track to becoming the biggest bust in Broncos history.

It's pretty fucked up how some Broncos fans have treated him during a time of injury. They forgot the Jack Bird who played for the Blues, that's for sure.

Jack Bird has a lot of ability and will be a great asset if he can stay injury free and I believe will make the left center position his own in 2019 .2018 was a Wright off for him but he will bounce back

It's pretty fucked up how some Broncos fans have treated him during a time of injury. They forgot the Jack Bird who played for the Blues, that's for sure.
tenor.gif

Broncos fans don’t owe Jack shit. Until he comes good, he’s just ex-Cronulla scum. Was nothing special for the blues.

He owes the Broncos a fucking stellar year.

Anyone who says he wasn't awesome for the Blues is lacking a brain.

Short memories it seems.

Footballers like Bird, even though aren't outstanding in every department, are more valuable than a superstar sprinter that cant tackle. In the thick of a match they can be the difference or a heavy influence - this is why hes on big money as we have very few of these in the team.

Last edited:
Short memories it seems.

Footballers like Bird, even though aren't outstanding in every department, are more valuable than a superstar sprinter that cant tackle. In the thick of a match they can be the difference or a heavy influence - this is why hes on big money as we have very few of these in the team.

The hypocrisy is the kicker. There are Broncos fans who will fight tooth and nail to say an absolute dud player is a superstar, but a player who has a proven ability in the sport gets written off and ripped into because he was injured.

Won't condone wishing injury on players, but sure will sink the boot in when they're already injured it seems.

He's had almost a year to talk the talk. Let's hope he does not go too hard out the gate and do himself another injury. Bit of a deadly combination if him and big Oatsey hit it off. Hope he's putting plenty of right to,left passing drills in.
He was very good...as a RIGHT centre. Let’s see how he actually goes on the left. I still think he was a waste of money but certainly want to be proven wrong.

From what I saw of him playing for Scumulla, he looked like a hard running centre. Nothing more or less. Of course that isn't bad but in my mind hardly justified the reported size of his contract with us. I couldn't understand what Bennett was thinking. I still can't. Hopefully this year he shows me what all the hype was about.

He would be an outstanding bench utility player but for the money he is reported to be on, that a non-starter.

Having said all that, I'd much prefer him in the centres to Kahu.

The hypocrisy is the kicker. There are Broncos fans who will fight tooth and nail to say an absolute dud player is a superstar, but a player who has a proven ability in the sport gets written off and ripped into because he was injured.

Won't condone wishing injury on players, but sure will sink the boot in when they're already injured it seems.

1 - He's not a superstar. He's an above average player who doesn't have a proven long term record. He's had two solid years, 1 nothing year.
2 - He's a NSWanker coming to the Broncos, he has to actually win us over before most people will jump to defend him. The game against the Warriors he was good, the rest he was as good as invisible.
3 - He took up a huge portion of our cap for a year with no return.

I actually really like his play style and I hope/expect him to do very well now that he's injury free but until he does something worthwhile in Broncos colours it's hard for me to be totally enthusiastic about defending him either.

Anyone who says he wasn't awesome for the Blues is lacking a brain.
Somebody is very narrow minded and needs to take the Broncos lenses off true? @Nashy Bird when fit is an absolute weapon, anybody who thinks he isn’t is barbecuing while on the glass pipe.

1 - He's not a superstar. He's an above average player who doesn't have a proven long term record. He's had two solid years, 1 nothing year.
2 - He's a NSWanker coming to the Broncos, he has to actually win us over before most people will jump to defend him. The game against the Warriors he was good, the rest he was as good as invisible.
3 - He took up a huge portion of our cap for a year with no return.

I actually really like his play style and I hope/expect him to do very well now that he's injury free but until he does something worthwhile in Broncos colours it's hard for me to be totally enthusiastic about defending him either.
Point Number #2 a NSWanker....
Mate you better get use to it... because in our current side we have the following NSWankers or emerging NSWankers...
1) Matt Lodge
2) Tevita Pangai
3) James Roberts
4) Jack Bird
5) Payne Haas

They are all in the top half of our squad.
Have you actually watched bird play with a non bias viewing?

Last edited:
Point Number #2 a NSWanker....
Mate you better get use to it... because in our current side we have the following NSWankers or emerging NSWankers...
1) Matt Lodge
2) Tevita Pangai
3) James Roberts
4) Jack Bird
5) Payne Haas

They are all in the top half of our squad.
Have you actually watched bird play with a non bias viewing?
Look at my avatar mate. Lodge is my favourite Bronco right now.

Roberts and Pangai have proven themselves as Broncos, Haas is our beast junior who has the potential to dominate the competition.

What has Bird done as a Bronco? Nothing. That's the only point I'm making. I didn't watch many Sharks games, no, they're a boring wrestling grub scum team, not my idea of entertainment.

As soon as Bird starts playing regularly for us, has some good games, shows passion in our jersey, it'll be easy to defend him. Right now, Jan 2019, he's an overpaid dud as far as I'm concerned but I can't wait to see how he goes this year and I'd love to cheer him on... All I'm saying is it's a bit hard to feel passionate about the guy when he's done nothing as a Bronco yet. Give me 2 months and I'll probably be cheering him on as loud as anyone.

Last edited:

Active Now

• Cavalo
  • Fitzy
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Mr Fourex
  • Stix
  • Jazza
  • Wolfie
  • Galah
  • Xzei
  • Harry Sack
  • Broncosgirl
  • Culhwch
  • bazza
  • Broncorob
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Justwin
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Fozz
  • heartly87
  • Behind enemy lines
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.