NEWS Bird: see you next year

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Badel cribs from Jack Bird's social media and corners Seibs for the mandatory statement:

Screenshot 2020 03 11 f3a7b0d648ade42da45203e8ae5a6ef7 JPEG Image 1024  576 pixels

Bird: love youse all.

Bird writes off his season via Instagram:

“I honestly don’t know what to say, it’s like my whole world has come crumbling down. I started my day confident, happy and full of excitement knowing that round one was just two days away. My body was in the best shape it had been in the last three years. It was also the happiest I have been in the two-to-three years enjoying my footy and life again. People who know me know how hard I have worked to get to the stage I was at leading into the season, and with that, I’m truly heartbroken that I have to start this process all over again.

“After two season-ending injuries in my first two years at the club it definitely hasn’t gone to plan and I’m sorry for that. I understand that a lot of the fans are upset with me over the last few seasons but injuries are definitely something I can’t control. I pray that you guys stick by me through this tough period of my life."

“I promise that I’ll do everything I can to get back on the pitch for not only my self but for the club and the fans. If there is one thing you don’t know about me it’s that I will never give up and I am resilient like no other. I know for a fact that I will be back.

I love you all, see you next season with a bang.”

Screenshot 2020 03 11 cb09600d1ab3bbe66937634042cb2a28 WEBP Image 1024  576 pixels

Oops.

Seibold:

“The club will do our best to help Jack in his recovery and personal wellbeing and provide him with everything he needs. Rugby league is a cruel game sometimes. Jack’s commitment to his rehabilitation has been unwavering in his return from his last knee injury. He has had a tremendous pre-season and he ticked all the boxes required for a great start to the year. He had trialled really well in the fullback position and was excited to be playing in the first game of the season. All of his teammates and the staff at the Broncos are devastated at the timing and nature of the injury.”

McHunt

Badel cribs from Jack Bird's social media and corners Seibs for the mandatory statement:

View attachment 7361
Bird: love youse all.

Bird writes off his season via Instagram:

“I honestly don’t know what to say, it’s like my whole world has come crumbling down. I started my day confident, happy and full of excitement knowing that round one was just two days away. My body was in the best shape it had been in the last three years. It was also the happiest I have been in the two-to-three years enjoying my footy and life again. People who know me know how hard I have worked to get to the stage I was at leading into the season, and with that, I’m truly heartbroken that I have to start this process all over again.

“After two season-ending injuries in my first two years at the club it definitely hasn’t gone to plan and I’m sorry for that. I understand that a lot of the fans are upset with me over the last few seasons but injuries are definitely something I can’t control. I pray that you guys stick by me through this tough period of my life."

“I promise that I’ll do everything I can to get back on the pitch for not only my self but for the club and the fans. If there is one thing you don’t know about me it’s that I will never give up and I am resilient like no other. I know for a fact that I will be back.

I love you all, see you next season with a bang.”

View attachment 7360
Oops.

Seibold:

“The club will do our best to help Jack in his recovery and personal wellbeing and provide him with everything he needs. Rugby league is a cruel game sometimes. Jack’s commitment to his rehabilitation has been unwavering in his return from his last knee injury. He has had a tremendous pre-season and he ticked all the boxes required for a great start to the year. He had trialled really well in the fullback position and was excited to be playing in the first game of the season. All of his teammates and the staff at the Broncos are devastated at the timing and nature of the injury.”

McHunt
For whatever it's worth, I'm with you Jack... good luck!

P.S. Lose the haircut though... please.

Last edited:
Question is, will he actually stay?

It will be pretty hard for him to move anywhere with his injury record. He also has an option for next year in his favour. Now if you were in his shoes what would you do??
I just hope he can handle it mentally. He said he was in a pretty bad way last year, and now a re-run. His confidence must be shot to shit.

Seems a good bloke, but unless he gets dally m and wins us the comp next year, he has been without a doubt the worst purchase in club history.

Maybe he can not really train next off-season? Just get some gentle road runs under his belt so he can actually play some football?

Play him off the bench and ease into it? 🤷‍♂️

I just hope he can handle it mentally. He said he was in a pretty bad way last year, and now a re-run. His confidence must be shot to shit.
Agreed. Also he may be thinking his move to the Broncos is jinxed. So now we have to hope he comes back next season and strings a number of injury free games together and secures his future post Broncos. Cannot imagine even if he stays fit that we would offer him another contract.
Its a real shame for him. Someone did not do proper due diligence as he came to us injured. If rumours are to be beleived we were about to sign Moses until a certain person opted for Bird instead.

Get rid of him. I don't care how, just do it.
Bloke picked the wrong profession.

He just needs to go away and spend quality time with his mrs. That’ll cheer him up. Then come back refreshed for rehab.

Get rid of him. I don't care how, just do it.
Bloke picked the wrong profession.

Gotta say....yeah, this **** is made of glass. Another Jordon Kahu.

**** him off.

Agreed. Also he may be thinking his move to the Broncos is jinxed. So now we have to hope he comes back next season and strings a number of injury free games together and secures his future post Broncos. Cannot imagine even if he stays fit that we would offer him another contract.
Its a real shame for him. Someone did not do proper due diligence as he came to us injured. If rumours are to be beleived we were about to sign Moses until a certain person opted for Bird instead.
Yep. None of any of this is his fault. He must've been on such a high when he landed that dream contract. And we have every reason to believe he would've shored up our back line of defence and injected something valuable in attack.

I'm loathed to write off the season before a single game's been played but it's feeling a little bit that way right now. I'm genuinely gutted.
[automerge]1583923260[/automerge]
Gotta say....yeah, this **** is made of glass. Another Jordon Kahu.

**** him off.
Dude no. Just no.

Last edited:
That's fucked up but it is what it is. Good luck to the guy and I wish him a speedy recovery. Hopefully he can take care of his mental health in what is no doubt a really difficult time for him.

Active Now

• BroncsNBundy
  • Broncosgirl
  • Cavalo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.