Blake Ferguson - Indecent Assault Allegation - Suspended

**** his childhood! He's had plenty of time to learn that it's completely unacceptable. Scumbag.

I read somewhere that the CCTV footage is inconclusive or unclear. I'm not sure who wrote it but they said they'd viewed the footage. I know police have charged him and he may have made some admissions but I really believe we are all entitled to a presumption of innocence in cases like this. I don't for a moment condone sexual assault but it is a huge accusation to make and we have seen recently a case where a player was falsely accused.

What happens happens under the table, so you can't see the actual 'action'. But apparently you do see the immediate reaction, like a reactive slap and a push. Unless she acted it out in order to get a payday of course.

The fact that Ferguson has an ego, and obviously wanted to get back in the bar pretty badly, sounds to me like he thought he had a chance with this one, regardless of the fact that she has a BF, and went the ol' sneaky under the table. I mean, in his mind, who'd say no to a superstar like him?

alongside Adrian Bayley

:scared:

I want to step back from my comments before and post something that moved me to rethink: No Cookies | Herald Sun

In no way am I comparing Ferguson to the Jill Maher incident, but vigilance and reporting any degree of incident should be encouraged.

Treating it with a "boys will be boys" attitude or implicating that "she was looking for attention" is not right.

I read somewhere that the CCTV footage is inconclusive or unclear. I'm not sure who wrote it but they said they'd viewed the footage. I know police have charged him and he may have made some admissions but I really believe we are all entitled to a presumption of innocence in cases like this. I don't for a moment condone sexual assault but it is a huge accusation to make and we have seen recently a case where a player was falsely accused.
We don't agree often but I'm well and truly with you on this one. I strongly believe everyone deserves the presumption of innocence in any legal matter. That isn't something that was put in place to protect wrongdoers but to protect innocent people from being unfairly accused. As far as I'm concerned Ferguson is completely innocent until a judge says otherwise.

Just having some video evidence doesn't make him guilty as we don't know the full story, for all we know she could have said slap my ass, he did and she reacted that way to milk it for the camera. I'm NOT saying that's what happened but simply emphasising that the presumption of innocence is important.

Last edited:
It's a tricky matter.

In this case I believe Blake deserves it.

However, can we say for certain that the courts are 100% correct in their decisions? Have all matters in the history of the courts been just?

Sadly due to the human nature and our share of imperfections, I will always remain sceptical.

That's neither here nor there but just putting it out there.

It's a tricky matter.

In this case I believe Blake deserves it.

However, can we say for certain that the courts are 100% correct in their decisions? Have all matters in the history of the courts been just?

Sadly due to the human nature and our share of imperfections, I will always remain sceptical.

That's neither here nor there but just putting it out there.
You're right but all we know are a few media snippets, we don't know the full story so it's hard to judge.

I should clarify, when I say when Blake deserves it, I meant an assumption of innocence.

However, not everybody deserves the same benefit.

Active Now

• The Don
  • Midean
  • Fitzy
  • BroncosAlways
  • Xzei
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Strop
  • GCBRONCO
  • TimWhatley
  • Brocko
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Santa
  • broncs30
  • Jazza
  • Battler
  • Broncorob
  • Lurker
  • Organix
  • I bleed Maroon
  • ell.d33
... and 13 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.