Blake Green signs with Knights

Not a bad idea, I was thinking we might start with a coach.

At this stage, I prefer "coaching staff". I want to see how Seibold goes with our best team on the park

At this stage, I prefer "coaching staff". I want to see how Seibold goes with our best team on the park
The problem is with injuries and suspensions you may never have your best team on the park. Yes we have been cursed this year with injuries but its part of being a club in the NRL, trying to give Seibs a run of games with his best team on the park will comfortably allow him to see out his contract as its a rare luxury.

I doubt Seibs even knows what his best 17 is even if everyone was available.

This week alone saw Raiders win without Hodgson, Soliola, Simonsson, Horsburgh, Bateman and the dropping of their "key" signing Scott.
Tigers won without Leilua and Reynolds and dropped Brooks to bench.
Manly won without Turbo, Walker and AFN.

Sure these teams have had some bumps as well but nothing to the continuous degradation we have seen under Seibs.

I fear all we would see by giving Seibs some time with his best 17 is a few wins caused by the individual brilliance of a Fifita/Staggs/TPJ rather than a calculated, methodical breakdown of opposition by a proven executed gameplan.

The problem is with injuries and suspensions you may never have your best team on the park. Yes we have been cursed this year with injuries but its part of being a club in the NRL, trying to give Seibs a run of games with his best team on the park will comfortably allow him to see out his contract as its a rare luxury.

I doubt Seibs even knows what his best 17 is even if everyone was available.

This week alone saw Raiders win without Hodgson, Soliola, Simonsson, Horsburgh, Bateman and the dropping of their "key" signing Scott.
Tigers won without Leilua and Reynolds and dropped Brooks to bench.
Manly won without Turbo, Walker and AFN.

Sure these teams have had some bumps as well but nothing to the continuous degradation we have seen under Seibs.

I fear all we would see by giving Seibs some time with his best 17 is a few wins caused by the individual brilliance of a Fifita/Staggs/TPJ rather than a calculated, methodical breakdown of opposition by a proven executed gameplan.

I agree, however it must be said for context that the teams you mention except Tigers have had long term coaches, and Madge lost it in '17 after 6 years. The only reason I want to give Seibold more time is that he has had only 18 months and a fractured roster. He has a big job to build a team basically from scratch given the injuries and a spine with a lot of slipped discs.

Last edited:
Green Is who we should have bought in the first place over Croft. Put him in with dearden and teach him how to get forwards moving. Our forwards and hooker (turps) are better than warriors. It’s not a bad idea.

Absolutely agree with this. I still find it strange signing Croft when we had Dearden and Paix, and a decision made to look worse when Sam Williams was ignored

Last edited:
Absolutely agree with this. I still find it strange signing Croft when we had Dearden and Paix, and a decision made to look worse when Sam Williams was ignored
Any of sezer, Williams, green would have been better fits for what we need than Croft.

Short memory ?
If I remember correctly Kodi Nikorima was knocked out in the 1st 5 minutes against the Broncos and Blake Green steered the ship . Looked good doing it too !

Croft is not a half back ...
Bellamy would not have dropped him , then let him go if he was the real deal .
Can`t count to 6 , can`t tackle , piss weak long kick ,doesn`t organise . Great buy .

How far away is O Sullivan ?

Last edited:
While I am arguing that Seibold needs more time to show if he can do something with the admittedly difficult hand he's been dealt, his decision to sign Croft is baffling, and Dearden and Paix ought to have been developed.

I agree, however it must be said for context that the teams you mention except Tigers have had long term coaches, and Madge lost it in '17 after 6 years. The only reason I want to give Seibold more time is that he has had only 18 months and a fractured roster. He has a big job to build a team basically from scratch given the injuries and a spine with a lot of slipped discs.
Only 18 months? If it takes longer than a year to explain his gameplans then he's obviously not a good coach. Look at the way the squad has gone backwards under his stewardship. If a few players were underperforming that would be on them, but he's taken a good squad and made it into something much, much less than the sum of its parts. With the exception of a broken Boyd, who fatso inexplicably keeps picking, pick any player at random and ask yourself if they'd be performing better at a different club.

Look at the way he moved on senior players then just doesn't have any answers as to why rookies are getting dusted every week. He finished his first year here with a sub-50% win rate and a record-breaking loss. This year is just an absolute stain on the club. How many more record breaking wooden spoon attempts will it take before he's had enough time?

When was the last time we signed a player from another club that any other club was also after?
James Roberts maybe, although I think it was really only the Titans we beat out cause they forged his signature or something.

Only 18 months? If it takes longer than a year to explain his gameplans then he's obviously not a good coach. Look at the way the squad has gone backwards under his stewardship. If a few players were underperforming that would be on them, but he's taken a good squad and made it into something much, much less than the sum of its parts. With the exception of a broken Boyd, who fatso inexplicably keeps picking, pick any player at random and ask yourself if they'd be performing better at a different club.

Look at the way he moved on senior players then just doesn't have any answers as to why rookies are getting dusted every week. He finished his first year here with a sub-50% win rate and a record-breaking loss. This year is just an absolute stain on the club. How many more record breaking wooden spoon attempts will it take before he's had enough time?

I know where you are coming from, but ... I just don't think it is that simple. I don't think it's a question of explaining his game plans as much as our players being unable to get it. Seibold had no issue with Souths reading his game plans in his 1st year there, the difference being the nature of the respective rosters. Also, having to contend with the Bennett legacy, Bennett Ball if you will wouldn't be easy

As for the senior players that were moved on, was that all on Seibold? Anyway, to cut to the chase, we have what we have and we are where we are, and Seibold is on thin ice. I will wait before passing my final judgement on him, and yes, I am as pissed off and disappointed as everyone on here.

This seems to be the one big factor that is being overlooked or deliberately ignored. Other teams like the raiders lose a small number of players including one key one and everyone says how well they’re standing up despite all the obstacles.
Our squad could field a first grade team with the players we have out injured but no one seems to want to acknowledge we have been decimated by injuries.

This seems to be the one big factor that is being overlooked or deliberately ignored. Other teams like the raiders lose a small number of players including one key one and everyone says how well they’re standing up despite all the obstacles.
Our squad could field a first grade team with the players we have out injured but no one seems to want to acknowledge we have been decimated by injuries.

Letting blokes run past you and sticking an arm out ? [Miford , Croft ] Not kicking the ball on the 6th ? [Croft ] Not kicking a ball out from a penalty ? [ Isaako ]
Running completely sideways when coming off our line . [TPJ] Not catching bombs ? [ Nui ]
knock on when feeding the scrum [Dearden ] Smacking blokes in the head as retaliation [ Staggs]
Has naught to do with how many blokes are injured ...

Last edited:

Active Now

• Skyblues87
  • Santa
  • Harry Sack
  • RodF
  • Fitzy
  • kman
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Allo
  • Xzei
  • Foordy
  • Robboi_321
  • Broncosgirl
  • KateBroncos1812
  • BroncosAlways
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • winslow_wong
  • Spoon
  • Nerd
  • Brocko
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.