Blake Green signs with Knights

Sorry but if you want to play him like a lock then play him lock.

We are the worst in the league at moving down the field and stopping the other team - this is basically all the forwards in attack and whole team in def. We can't have our front rowers not wrestling and making quick metres with fast play the balls. This isn't 70s/80s football. Look at the good teams.

Sorry but if you want to play him like a lock then play him lock.

We are the worst in the league at moving down the field and stopping the other team - this is basically all the forwards in attack and whole team in def. We can't have our front rowers not wrestling and making quick metres with fast play the balls. This isn't 70s/80s football. Look at the good teams.
Fine, disagree away. Pretty sure I didn't say he didn't have to do some of the donkey work though but for some of you, it's either or. I just wanted Haas to not do donkey work continuously but I suspect you already know this but need to score a point or two against old Huge. Okay, you win. My ideas terrible and whatever you think is spot on👌

Are you seriously comparing the fortunes of waiting to play in a storm team coached by Bellamy to the Broncos??
Absolutely. Harry Grant is 22, he's been waiting for years, not months and he may still wait another year yet. That's a long time to wait for someone who would be a walk up starting 9 in many other teams. Do you not find that a little crazy that a player is willing to wait that long? NRL careers are short.

Last edited:
Absolutely. Harry Grant is 22, he's been waiting for years, not months and he may still wait another year yet. That's a long time to wait for someone who would be a walk up starting 9 in many other teams. Do you not find that a little crazy that a player is willing to wait that long? NRL careers are short.
I meant its different to want to wait to play for the storm than the Broncos.

I wouldn't begrudge Dearden leaving first shot he gets somewhere else. The way he's been treated at the Broncos stinks plus there's no bright future waiting for him here.

If losing Ash Taylor has set us back ten years how much has signing Seibold set us back?

I meant its different to want to wait to play for the storm than the Broncos.

I wouldn't begrudge Dearden leaving first shot he gets somewhere else. The way he's been treated at the Broncos stinks plus there's no bright future waiting for him here.
If Dearden can't wait 12 months then so be it, half the reason we suck is because of too many selfish players who don't actually love the club. If Dearden rated himself, he'd stick it out and force his way in. There'll be a new coach soon enough and the halves combo won't stick when we're this shit.

If Dearden rated himself, he'd stick it out and force his way in.
Just a reminder - there's no QCup this year to do that.

He looked right at home last year when he started at halfback.

Last edited:
Just a reminder - there's no QCup this year to do that.

He looked right at home last year when he started at halfback.
I didn't see anything special, looked pretty average to me in his few games of first grade, but then again our entire team sucks so it's hard to gauge halves at all.

Most Broncos supporters just remembers Green for his last performance against the Broncos, thinking he plays like that every game. Watch him play over the years against top opposition teams and Green is just average.

Last edited:
Most Broncos supporters just remembers Green for his last performance against the Broncos, thinking he plays like that every game. Watch him play over the years against top opposition teams and Green is just average.

I don’t think many Broncos supporters actually want him do they?

Even at the peak of his powers he wasn’t much more than average. I swear journos/commentators/analysts etc just like talking him up because they think it makes them sound smart. Signing him would be so pointless but nobody would be surprised at this point.

Signed with Knights (lol) for rest of 2020 but only 2020...

So is this the first instance of another club doing a Kahu or was he coming to the end of his contract anyway and Brisbane still the only club dumb enough to do a Kahu...twice?

Active Now

• Allo
  • Harry Sack
  • Broncosgirl
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • Mustafur
  • leon.bott
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • bazza
  • Redux
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.