Boxing Day Test - Australia vs New Zealand

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
Decent recovery from Warner & Labuschagne after the early wicket of Burns.

Mitch Swepson added to the squad for the New Years Test at the SCG, good reward. He's been much improved so far this season from the times I've watched him.

I doubt he plays though, personally.

Burns needs to get a century soon, he will be under pressure but he shouldn't be.

This is a real test match. Batsmen fighting hard for their runs. The way it should be.

Edit: And then Marnus smashes a 6.

Last edited:
Burns needs to get a century soon, he will be under pressure but he shouldn't be.

I don't rate him particularly highly but there's legitimately no one else unless we give someone like Pucovski a go as opener.

I don't rate him particularly highly but there's legitimately no one else unless we give someone like Pucovski a go as opener.

Jake Weatherald might be next in line at this point

That's the problem in a nutshell though. The one other guy who really could make a go of it also has mental issues - Maddinson.

Good contest so far. Will open up tomorrow and the momentum will be more contentious.

If you win the toss just bat, doesn’t matter if there’s 50mm of grass. Just bat.

Not a bad day for Australia, considering we faced a full strength New Zealand bowling attack on a wicket that was swinging around early, I think we did well. With 6 wickets still in the shed I would be hoping we could reach high 300s tomorrow.

Head looks good and Smith looks like he’s digging in

Looking forward to unleashing Starc, Cummins, Patto and Garry on the kiwis

So I've been trying to watch this, yesterday and today at work. I've gotta say, for a casual observer, I don't know what the appeal is. How are you not all asleep, this is boring as hell, and this Head bloke won't play a damned thing.

So I've been trying to watch this, yesterday and today at work. I've gotta say, for a casual observer, I don't know what the appeal is. How are you not all asleep, this is boring as hell, and this Head bloke won't play a damned thing.

I find the mind games between bowler and batsmen and the little battles they have throughout the day the interesting part.

Make sure you tune in when Australia come out to bowl, I have a feeling Starc is going to rip them apart.

I find the mind games between bowler and batsmen and the little battles they have throughout the day the interesting part.

Make sure you tune in when Australia come out to bowl, I have a feeling Starc is going to rip them apart.

The balls the Kiwis are sending Head are just shit too, at least I think they are. It's like the Kiwis are doing anything they can to take any excitement out of it.

The balls the Kiwis are sending Head are just shit too, at least I think they are. It's like the Kiwis are doing anything they can to take any excitement out of it.

They are and that is what that type of tactic is called negative bowling. Test cricket has a charm that takes a while to cultivate but once it is cultivated, it is like a fine wine. No other form of cricket even comes close. It is like a five day game of chess. Bowlers are using tactics to try and work over batsmen. Batsmen are trying to show extreme patience and not lose concentration. It is a game of millimetres too.

As said above, watch Starc go at bowling if he gets it swinging, it is exciting stuff.

Or just watch some highlights of Shane Warne, no one before or after has even come close to him. It is actually really ironic that the one guy who did, had a career at exactly the same time.

They are and that is what that type of tactic is called negative bowling. Test cricket has a charm that takes a while to cultivate but once it is cultivated, it is like a fine wine. No other form of cricket even comes close. It is like a five day game of chess. Bowlers are using tactics to try and work over batsmen. Batsmen are trying to show extreme patience and not lose concentration. It is a game of millimetres too.

As said above, watch Starc go at bowling if he gets it swinging, it is exciting stuff.

Or just watch some highlights of Shane Warne, no one before or after has even come close to him. It is actually really ironic that the one guy who did, had a career at exactly the same time.

I don't watch replays of sports I love, so I certainly won't be watching that wanker playing cricket. I just honestly don't get it, I actually find the Sydney to Hobart more exciting, at least those guys are constantly working their ass off and doing what they do.

I love T20, and I mean, I don't hate one dayers, but honestly, what sick bastards are going to a stadium for 4 - 5 days to watch this in the heat?

I don't watch replays of sports I love, so I certainly won't be watching that wanker playing cricket. I just honestly don't get it, I actually find the Sydney to Hobart more exciting, at least those guys are constantly working their ass off and doing what they do.

I love T20, and I mean, I don't hate one dayers, but honestly, what sick bastards are going to a stadium for 4 - 5 days to watch this in the heat?

Fair enough. As I said, it takes time to cultivate an understanding and then love for test cricket. It is all about the subtleties and stats that you need time to understand. Of course, it isn't for everyone and that is fine too.

But watching Steve Smith is exciting because while he is unorthodox, he is also very orthodox at the same time. Even when he isn't playing well, he still makes 85. He has supreme powers of concentration and patience. This sort of stuff is what excites us test lovers.

Fair enough. As I said, it takes time to cultivate an understanding and then love for test cricket. It is all about the subtleties and stats that you need time to understand. Of course, it isn't for everyone and that is fine too.

But watching Steve Smith is exciting because while he is unorthodox, he is also very orthodox at the same time. Even when he isn't playing well, he still makes 85. He has supreme powers of concentration and patience. This sort of stuff is what excites us test lovers.

I found it more exciting and more of a let down when he was on strike. Glad he was there, because everyone knows what he can do. Disappointed, because they just do whatever they can to not do anything in a test.

T20 is where it's at for mine.

Active Now

• lynx000
  • Waynesaurus
  • Pablo
  • Tmac
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Lozza
  • Aldo
  • Allo
  • BroncosAlways
  • Nerd
  • Broncorob
  • Behind enemy lines
  • winslow_wong
  • Broncosgirl
  • Jazza
  • GCBRONCO
  • thenry
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.