Boxing day test v India 2014

I've just got no time for blowing up about this. We've won the series let's enjoy that.

MITCHELL Johnson says curators have gone soft on India with the pitches prepared this summer and he’s also blamed the placid decks for his drop in speed.
The Australian spearhead said disappointing conditions in Adelaide, Brisbane and Melbourne had forced him to bowl longer spells than he would have liked and he will plead with Steve Smith and Darren Lehmann to use him in short bursts again in Sydney so he can return to his full-paced, destructive best.
Australia endured a disastrous 4-0 whitewash on its 2013 tour of India on pitches that suited the home side’s spinners.

couldnt have said it better Mitch. Question is why did we go soft on Indian. What do you think [MENTION=8272]1910[/MENTION]

Last edited:
MITCHELL Johnson says curators have gone soft on India with the pitches prepared this summer and he’s also blamed the placid decks for his drop in speed.
The Australian spearhead said disappointing conditions in Adelaide, Brisbane and Melbourne had forced him to bowl longer spells than he would have liked and he will plead with Steve Smith and Darren Lehmann to use him in short bursts again in Sydney so he can return to his full-paced, destructive best.
Australia endured a disastrous 4-0 whitewash on its 2013 tour of India on pitches that suited the home side’s spinners.

couldnt have said it better Mitch. Question is why did we go soft on Indian.
What do you think [MENTION=8272]1910[/MENTION]

Because India control world cricket and like in most things we as Australia bend over and take it

couldnt have said it better Mitch. Question is why did we go soft on Indian. What do you think @1910

I haven't changed my stance. Time for bowlers to stop looking and blaming curators for bad performances this summer and look in the mirror, Johnson hasn't bowled as well as he has over the last 12 months and Australia haven't caught or fielded as well.

Pretty harsh to bag KMJ- the 'Gabba pitch was ready and then had to sit there and wait for three weeks- that's hardly his fault.

Melbourne and Adelaide are drop ins- they will never break up. Blame the AFL for getting what they want.

Johnson didn't have this issue with these pitches 12 months ago. Then they were the greatest pitches of all time and the curators his best mate- now they are hopeless at their job and corrupt.

Yep. Mitch just hasn't been as good. He has had a few catches dropped off him this summer and chances just haven't gone to hand as well. I think the Indians have played Mitch pretty well compared to the Poms as well. Mitch just seems a bit frustrated with his lack of wickets I feel. The Gabba pitch was still pretty fast so he can't complain about that.

Because India control world cricket and like in most things we as Australia bend over and take it

India 47 wickets
Australia 56 wickets.

India has bowled us out 2/6.
Australia 5/6

Fact is we've always beaten them here and they've always beaten us in India- nothing has changed this series or last.

I haven't changed my stance. Time for bowlers to stop looking and blaming curators for bad performances this summer and look in the mirror, Johnson hasn't bowled as well as he has over the last 12 months and Australia haven't caught or fielded as well.

Pretty harsh to bag KMJ- the 'Gabba pitch was ready and then had to sit there and wait for three weeks- that's hardly his fault.

Melbourne and Adelaide are drop ins- they will never break up. Blame the AFL for getting what they want.

Johnson didn't have this issue with these pitches 12 months ago. Then they were the greatest pitches of all time and the curators his best mate- now they are hopeless at their job and corrupt.
I'd just prefer to see the needle pushed a bit towards the bowlers. In these days where the bats are so huge that bad shots and miss hits are going to the boundary,nothing has changed for the bowlers. It not like they can change the ball to make it do what they want , yet batsmen can change the bats into nuclear willow mutants on steroids. So why not give the bowlers a pitch that gives them some assistance for awhile. Some on here say you are a journo 1910 , so you have to remain a fan of the story. I ,on the other hand am a rabid one eyed foaming at the mouth fan of the australian cricket team and want to see carnage CARNAGE.

I'd just prefer to see the needle pushed a bit towards the bowlers. In these days where the bats are so huge that bad shots and miss hits are going to the boundary,nothing has changed for the bowlers. It not like they can change the ball to make it do what they want , yet batsmen can change the bats into nuclear willow mutants on steroids. So why not give the bowlers a pitch that gives them some assistance for awhile. Some on here say you are a journo 1910 , so you have to remain a fan of the story. I ,on the other hand am a rabid one eyed foaming at the mouth fan of the australian cricket team and want to see carnage CARNAGE.

I am not disagreeing with what you have said regarding the game in general but in these three Tests I don't think it's been that unbalanced towards anyone.

I think they've been good result pitches that if you bowled well you got wickets and if you batted well you got runs. They all went to day five and 2 have been a result.

What has caused problems has been players not executing their skills for long enough periods of time or consistently enough. Even if it had branches coming off you still have to bowl well. How many fast bowlers have come undone thinking the work is done just driving to the WACA? If those performances had been displayed at the WACA the same result more than likely.

I love a 'Gabba green top and love watching teams squirm. Although Bic always says look up not down when you are at the 'Gabba!

I am a cricket fan too mate, I wouldn't spend my days at grounds if I wasn't.

Active Now

• Battler
  • Lazza
  • Spike
  • ChewThePhatt
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.