NEWS Boyd’s Brutally Honest Assessment of Hellish Season

Some people need to get of their high horses and suck it up. Most successful sports club in Australia??? Yeah ok.
It is just footy you have ups and downs that's fact, time to get real people.

Oh God he's digging his heels in for the next 2.5 years isn't he.

giphy.gif

Mate I don't whether to laugh at your stupidity or applaud your optimism. Anyone who bought a season ticket knowing Mr Bean, Macca and Knik were making up 3/4 of our spine is a serious supporter though.
Been a ticketed season member for 12 or 13 years now. Used to buy full season memberships, but the last three years have gone for the flexi four membership because the team has been crap, but still wanted to show my support. Now even attending four games is too much to ask. Both games I've attended so far this year have been shitfest losses. Next year I will be buying a non-ticketed membership as a placeholder for my membership til the team starts improving enough for me to actually want to go and watch a game.

Edited to add that I'm not sure why it's 'stupid' to hold a membership for a team I've supported since inception. But to each their own.
[automerge]1562192269[/automerge]
Some people need to get of their high horses and suck it up. Most successful sports club in Australia??? Yeah ok.
It is just footy you have ups and downs that's fact, time to get real people.
WAYNE Bennett’s Broncos are the financial kingpins of the NRL and the envy of many battling Sydney outfits after the club posted its biggest profit in its 29-year history.

This is what I was referring to. Broncos have been rated highly for the past decade.

Last edited:
Been a ticketed season member for 12 or 13 years now. Used to buy full season memberships, but the last three years have gone for the flexi four membership because the team has been crap, but still wanted to show my support. Now even attending four games is too much to ask. Both games I've attended so far this year have been shitfest losses. Next year I will be buying a non-ticketed membership as a placeholder for my membeship til the team starts improving enough for me to actually want to go and watch a game.

Edited to add that I'm not sure why it's 'stupid' to hold a membership for a team I've supported since inception. But to each their own.
[automerge]1562192269[/automerge]

WAYNE Bennett’s Broncos are the financial kingpins of the NRL and the envy of many battling Sydney outfits after the club posted its biggest profit in its 29-year history.

This is what I was referring to. Broncos have been rated highly for the past decade.
Understand your angst mate but we have a saying in racing - ‘you never give up while you have an untried 2 yr old’ or words to that effect.
We have plenty of them at the moment and I for one am looking forward to our next game. A win would be good but a change in players attitude (like v the Roosters) would be enough to float my boat at the minute. Chin up - better and brighter days ahead.

This will likely offend you all but after having given up on this season I am thoroughly loving the Boyd shitshow and look forward to it every week. He really didn't disappoint last game with those two spectacular howlers and I cannot wait to see what comedy gold awaits against the Sharkies.

"Not a real fan", some will yell at me. Maybe not any more, but I was a fan of the broncos back when they were the broncos. Remember the way Broncos used to be about exciting ad lib football with take-no-shit hard as nails forwards, the team you could never write off even if they were down by 20? When we become the broncos again I'll be back on board, till then I am an amused neutral enjoying the comedy stylings of Darius Boyd.

Last edited:
This will likely offend you all but after having given up on this season I am thoroughly loving the Boyd shitshow and look forward to it every week. He really didn't disappoint last game with those two spectacular howlers and I cannot wait to see what comedy gold awaits against the Sharkies.

"Not a real fan", some will yell at me. Maybe not any more, but I was a fan of the broncos back when they were the broncos. Remember the way Broncos used to be about exciting ad lib football with take-no-shit hard as nails forwards, the team you could never write off even if they were down by 20? When we become the broncos again I'll be back on board, till then I am an amused neutral enjoying the comedy stylings of Darius Boyd.

Cool story bro.

In something that's pretty concerning, I think if you tried to compile a list of all the best Broncos games from 2012-now, i'd probably still any season where Lockyer played most games...

Geez, that's the most upsetting thing regarding sports that I have read in a long time.

I will love this team with all of my heart for the rest of my life. But the excitement to watch them play really isn't there right now when you know for sure that you're going to lose because a few of the players, including the captain, don't really care that much.

You have to laugh at it otherwise you would go insane. We could make a game of it-

What's he going to do this week......

This guy is kidding himself. If he can't see it somebody else has to pull the trigger.

The this is just a game line disturbs me. It shows he is not hungry at all and has no respect for fans.

Its not just a game to fans you complete asshole. To some its their life to some it all they have to look forward to each year. A sick kids moment to feel happy an old persons reason to catch a train, a divorced dads time with kids. There are so many people connected to Rugby league and Rugby league teams because it can give them happiness, something in a week to keep their minds off life.

Its that simple, turn up and play for your fans.

This guy is kidding himself. If he can't see it somebody else has to pull the trigger.

The this is just a game line disturbs me. It shows he is not hungry at all and has no respect for fans.

Its not just a game to fans you complete asshole. To some its their life to some it all they have to look forward to each year. A sick kids moment to feel happy an old persons reason to catch a train, a divorced dads time with kids. There are so many people connected to Rugby league and Rugby league teams because it can give them happiness, something in a week to keep their minds off life.

Its that simple, turn up and play for your fans.

That's what the Broncos are supposed to be all about, where are the blokes that will fight tooth and nail to win because that is their nature?!

I agree with all points everyone has made but a couple comments (in addition to his "its only a game" rhetoric which shiys everyone) he made also concerns me:

When he talks about "whether they earn 10 mil or 10 cents, it doesnt matter". Fucking oath it matters!!! I think it goes without saying the expectations would be substantially higher.

Then goes on that he can only focus on his game. Fine! Take the captaincy off him now so he can focus on his game. A captain not only has to focus on his game but the teams. If he cant manage his own, he has no right to manage the teams.

This article just frustrates me so much because his performances impact people harder than it does him. He is over the newcastle game shortly after, what about team mates who have invested themselves and are disappointed with the loss. You see your captain couldnt give a shit.

Active Now

• TimWhatley
  • Midean
  • Broncorob
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Brocko
  • jd87
  • MrMoore
  • theshed
  • GCBRONCO
  • Strop
  • Old Mate
  • I bleed Maroon
  • KateBroncos1812
  • leon.bott
  • FACTHUNT
  • Dash
  • Wolfie
  • Mustafur
  • HVbronco
  • BroncosMan
... and 18 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.