NEWS Boyd’s Brutally Honest Assessment of Hellish Season

He has previously stated that he thought his form had been good.

And I can only recall 1-2 good games he has had this year.
No... He's had 1-2 games where he hasn't been big awful the worst player in the comp! That's a bit further from "good game" ... He's done sweet **** all for over a year now

Oh God he's digging his heels in for the next 2.5 years isn't he.

giphy.gif
He and Macca will be bunking together yes

I come here every day hoping to see an "Official Darius to retire effective immediately" thread... only to be disappointed every day
Everytime I get a FoX League push notification I prey for a horse emoji and those words on my lock screen

I agree with all points everyone has made but a couple comments (in addition to his "its only a game" rhetoric which shiys everyone) he made also concerns me:

When he talks about "whether they earn 10 mil or 10 cents, it doesnt matter". Fucking oath it matters!!! I think it goes without saying the expectations would be substantially higher.

Then goes on that he can only focus on his game. Fine! Take the captaincy off him now so he can focus on his game. A captain not only has to focus on his game but the teams. If he cant manage his own, he has no right to manage the teams.

This article just frustrates me so much because his performances impact people harder than it does him. He is over the newcastle game shortly after, what about team mates who have invested themselves and are disappointed with the loss. You see your captain couldnt give a shit.
Or who will be let go from the club, not continue first grade or get selected for rep teams because they're in a losing side, building a losing culture, not learning how to win a game at such young ages..
They'll turn into NSW players of the Smith era and never recover

"only a game"

Said the man who's accepted millions of dollars, flashy cars, cushy holidays each year, being able to fly around the world playing "just a game" for his full-time job...

The money that he's accepted has come from where? The fans. The rusted on. The guys out there battling life threatening illnesses for what they put into says game through an era where a player like he wouldn't last a minute.. where players have lost their promising careers in an instant. The players who battled hard and only got to play one to a hand full of first grade games, never reaching the cushy position he is in

The families that scrape and save to show their kids a fun day or night out in the excitement that is Rugby League live in the stands.

The millions he's happy to take, and to sit back thinking he can go an entire game for only 8 runs barely any metres... He can miss tackle after tackle, not attempt to make them, have all of these younger players under his "leadership" their careers in front of him... Teaching them that you can be mediocre and still remain the captain of once of the biggest brands in Australian Sports

"Just a game"

"only a game"

Said the man who's accepted millions of dollars, flashy cars, cushy holidays each year, being able to fly around the world playing "just a game" for his full-time job...

The money that he's accepted has come from where? The fans. The rusted on. The guys out there battling life threatening illnesses for what they put into says game through an era where a player like he wouldn't last a minute.. where players have lost their promising careers in an instant. The players who battled hard and only got to play one to a hand full of first grade games, never reaching the cushy position he is in

The families that scrape and save to show their kids a fun day or night out in the excitement that is Rugby League live in the stands.

The millions he's happy to take, and to sit back thinking he can go an entire game for only 8 runs barely any metres... He can miss tackle after tackle, not attempt to make them, have all of these younger players under his "leadership" their careers in front of him... Teaching them that you can be mediocre and still remain the captain of once of the biggest brands in Australian Sports

"Just a game"
Oh lordy lordy lordy. More emotive rubbish tacked onto a few, quite correct words. Sure know how to whip yourself into a frenzy! Forgive the rest of us who will take the words at face value and not project our anger onto every few letters. It is only a fucking game. Sure, a great game and many make a good living from it but at the end of the day, it's just not that important. Ridiculous angst here and elsewhere.

Oh lordy lordy lordy. More emotive rubbish tacked onto a few, quite correct words. Sure know how to whip yourself into a frenzy! Forgive the rest of us who will take the words at face value and not project our anger onto every few letters. It is only a fucking game. Sure, a great game and many make a good living from it but at the end of the day, it's just not that important. Ridiculous angst here and elsewhere.

It’s not just a game though. It’s his job and he’s performing well below acceptable levels. He is paid huge money to perform a series of tasks which he is not currently able to do. His massive income is paid in a round about way by the fans who he then sends a message out telling them that it’s ‘just a game’.

For us it’s just a game, Darius, but its your fucking job.

@Huge are you a member of the football club?

"only a game"

"Just a game"

Absolutely spot on. Agree with everything you said mate. Great post.

Knowing how to multi quote appears to be a lost art...

Knowing how to multi quote appears to be a lost art...
Not my fault this thread is quiet and I've needed to take a break from anything Broncos for a week. I just reply with my thoughts as I have them.. if I gang up everyone's quotes from the start of the l thread id legit forget what I was gonna say. So sue me. Admins can fix it if it's such a problem

Not my fault this thread is quiet and I've needed to take a break from anything Broncos for a week. I just reply with my thoughts as I have them.. if I gang up everyone's quotes from the start of the l thread id legit forget what I was gonna say. So sue me. Admins can fix it if it's such a problem

You take things entirely too personally pumpkin. Calm, it was just a gentle joke. TBH, I've never noticed it from you before but that last page was special.

You take things entirely too personally pumpkin. Calm, it was just a gentle joke. TBH, I've never noticed it from you before but that last page was special.
It really was. I'm usually on here way more but this team has made me seriously pissed off and lost interest in the entire game. No I'm good. I'm just running on the back of 3 hours sleep and a toddler. I'm probably just uber sensitive atm. Plus this whole Boyd stuff has me super annoyed

It really was. I'm usually on here way more but this team has made me seriously pissed off and lost interest in the entire game. No I'm good. I'm just running on the back of 3 hours sleep and a toddler. I'm probably just uber sensitive atm. Plus this whole Boyd stuff has me super annoyed
Just because you lost interest in our shithouse performances doesn't mean you should lose interest in us, I thought we were friends? **** you man, can't believe you put your toddler and your real life before BHQ.

Just reading that the Cowboys and Nene Mcdonald have parted ways by 'mutual agreement'. Does this mean that the rest of his contract isn't paid out? If that's the case and they don't have to carry it on the cap legitimately, then the Broncos board need to get their best men working on Macca and Boyd to convince them it's in everyone's best interests to part ways.

I'd snap him up in a heartbeat if he's on a freebie.

Active Now

• Broncorob
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.