NEWS Boyd’s Brutally Honest Assessment of Hellish Season

Just reading that the Cowboys and Nene Mcdonald have parted ways by 'mutual agreement'. Does this mean that the rest of his contract isn't paid out? If that's the case and they don't have to carry it on the cap legitimately, then the Broncos board need to get their best men working on Macca and Boyd to convince them it's in everyone's best interests to part ways.
He's parted ways for personal reasons.
I'd say he'll be out of the game for a while.

We need to get fucked by 50 for the coach to smoke this fool. Or 100 so that New Ltd can **** off White and his clueless board.

Xerri 5 tries and Sharks remaining 1-17 a try each should do it. Uele trampling over Voyd a couple of times would ba bonus. C'mon Sharkies!

We need to get fucked by 50 for the coach to smoke this fool. Or 100 so that New Ltd can **** off White and his clueless board.

Xerri 5 tries and Sharks remaining 1-17 a try each should do it. Uele trampling over Voyd a couple of times would ba bonus. C'mon Sharkies!
Zzzzzzzzzzz, that's team spirit right there.

Darius I'm sure you're aware that all over Queensland, indeed Australia there are battlers doing it real tough. Some are on shitty casual hours, some have two or three part time jobs trying to make ends meet, some have no job and are well below the poverty line.

For them a meal in a fancy restaurant is well out of reach. Forget holidays overseas or even interstate. Hell a monthly trip to Maccas is considered a luxury and a special treat for the wee ones. There is not much for them to look forward to and very little highlights in their weekly routine as they struggle to eek out a living.

Some have serious ailments and are house bound, some are fighting mental demons brought on by the depressive state of trying to cope with today's so called 'modernity'.

One thing that costs next to nothing and that really lifts their spirits is watching their favourite team play on the weekend and the little glow of excitement they get watching their boys rip in may be the only positive feeling and ray of sunshine they get through an otherwise hellish week.

For you to say that rugby league "is only a game" is a downright disgrace. Seeing the Broncos run around and doing their thing means the world to so many people. You must know this as you have been on numerous trips to country towns during origin and seen how much the game means to these people.

Saying "it's only a game" was like shitting on every loyal fan that has put their heart, soul and hard earned cash in to supporting you. You really have lost the plot sunshine. You're a disgrace to the jersey, the club and are doing yourself a gross disservice when you sprout this insensitive claptrap.

Every other Broncos captain before you let their actions speak for them. I suggest you zip it, stop talking the talk and start walking the walk. If you can't earn your grossly over payed salary at least try and earn some respect from the Broncos fansbase.

I like the use of Void as a nickname for Darius.

Sorry Jed I did not mean to quote your post.

Last edited:
I was just looking through the nrl stats and paying attention to where the various Broncos were popping up. Trying to see through the hysteria and look at the factual evidence.

Turns out that Boyd's assessment of himself was pretty accurate. He hasn't been going too badly at all. As a fullback his kick returns have been good, his mistakes are low and his contributions in attack have been solid.

The fact that he was aware some of his tackling had been poor was laudable and it seems as though he is anything but delusional and he appears to have a very good idea of how he has gone this season.

If he was as bad as some have said the stats, the evidence would show that but we know that's not the case. I don't believe he's the laughing stock of the NRL and I believe he's probably recognized as an elite level player. I hope he keeps leading the team.

If you can keep your head when all about are losing theirs and blaming you...

I was just looking through the nrl stats and paying attention to where the various Broncos were popping up. Trying to see through the hysteria and look at the factual evidence.

Turns out that Boyd's assessment of himself was pretty accurate. He hasn't been going too badly at all. As a fullback his kick returns have been good, his mistakes are low and his contributions in attack have been solid.

The fact that he was aware some of his tackling had been poor was laudable and it seems as though he is anything but delusional and he appears to have a very good idea of how he has gone this season.

If he was as bad as some have said the stats, the evidence would show that but we know that's not the case. I don't believe he's the laughing stock of the NRL and I believe he's probably recognized as an elite level player. I hope he keeps leading the team.

As ive said before, stats in rugby league do not indicate how well a player is playing, althought a good measure of physical output.

Stats do not measure attitude or effort well. They do not take into consideration positions - ie that a 5/8 should be steering a team creating this and that and manipulating a game or the attack. They don't read that as fullback, he wasn't in position X amount of times or that he could have been in the right position. It wont tell you that his effectiveness is near blot as a play maker because every joe is able to stifle his line running and forces him to pass because he has no other option. Theres no measure on how many defenders hold off on his attack or how many become confused......Stats don't even measure choices vs pay cheque vs captaincy!

See where im going?

Last edited:
As ive said before, stats in rugby league do not indicate how well a player is playing, althought a good measure of physical output.

Stats do not measure attitude or effort well. They do not take into consideration positions - ie that a 5/8 should be steering a team creating this and that and manipulating a game or the attack. They don't read that as fullback, he wasn't in position X amount of times or that he could have been in the right position. It wont tell you that his effectiveness is near blot as a play maker because every joe is able to stifle his line running and forces him to pass because he has no other option. Theres no measure on how many defenders hold off on his attack or how many become confused......Stats don't even measure choices vs pay cheque vs captaincy!

See where im going?
I'd say a lot of his missed tackles weren't recorded as such because he was lying on the ground watching, dropped to one knee or out of position with his hands in the air.

Please provide the stats you’re talking about snd give them on the context of other players on his position. Cheers

See where im going?
You know the funny thing about stats? A team like Melbourne which scores a lot of points quite correctly has great stats. So stats matter. What stats don't measure is prejudgement, prejudice, jealousy, pettiness, bias and agendas.

Years ago Steve Price was considered the best prop in the game and it turns out he had the best stats. Narrowly mind you but the best stats. In second place, by the tiniest margin was a prop who on this forum and in the view of the state of origin selection panel was shit, not good enough. The props who were third through tenth read like the a top ten should, their stats were all good and they were the talked about players.

My point is simple. People always trot out he line that stats mean nothing when it suits their narrative. In my example the stats were spot on for everyone in the top ten except one, the unfashionable prop who was number two. Then, in his case alone, apparently stats meant nothing.

You know the funny thing about stats? A team like Melbourne which scores a lot of points quite correctly has great stats. So stats matter. What stats don't measure is prejudgement, prejudice, jealousy, pettiness, bias and agendas.

Years ago Steve Price was considered the best prop in the game and it turns out he had the best stats. Narrowly mind you but the best stats. In second place, by the tiniest margin was a prop who on this forum and in the view of the state of origin selection panel was shit, not good enough. The props who were third through tenth read like the a top ten should, their stats were all good and they were the talked about players.

My point is simple. People always trot out he line that stats mean nothing when it suits their narrative. In my example the stats were spot on for everyone in the top ten except one, the unfashionable prop who was number two. Then, in his case alone, apparently stats meant nothing.

But a prop plays a totally different position to a half or fullback...where stats cant be measured or reflect accurately of their performance... Comparing apples to potatos here, ones a fruit the other is a vegetable!

But a prop plays a totally different position to a half or fullback...where stats cant be measured or reflect accurately of their performance... Comparing apples to potatos here, ones a fruit the other is a vegetable!
Oh lord! How can you miss the point so badly? It's either done deliberately or it's a more unpleasant explanation.
It has nothing to do with a comparison ffs.

I feel like this post has been deliberately ignored.
Not sure by whom it has been ignored but the stats are available at nrl.com.au as was indicated earlier in the thread.

Not sure by whom it has been ignored but the stats are available at nrl.com.au as was indicated earlier in the thread.

Which of Boyd’s stats impressed you the most and how did they compare to other players in his position?

Last edited:
Interesting to see that darius is 6th on kick return meters and ponga 22nd apparently.
Wasn't expecting that.

Last edited:

Active Now

• Xzei
  • teampjta
  • Browny
  • kiwibronco
  • Jedhead
  • Midean
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.