RUMOUR Boyd and McCullough told to look elsewhere

big k

QCup Player
If this is true then we would surely be in the market for a 1 or 6.

1 - Milf or New Signing
2 - Oates
3 - Bird
4 - Staggs
5 - Isaako
6 - Milf or new signing
7 - Deardon
8 - Lodge
9 - Turpin
10 - Haas
11 - Fifita
12 - Gillett
13 - TPJ

14 - Offahengaue
15 - Fledger
16 - Carrigan
17 - Paix

I'd be happy with that.

Battler

NRL Captain
North Brisbane
If this is true then we would surely be in the market for a 1 or 6.

1 - Milf or New Signing
2 - Oates
3 - Bird
4 - Staggs
5 - Isaako
6 - Milf or new signing
7 - Deardon
8 - Lodge
9 - Turpin
10 - Haas
11 - Fifita
12 - Gillett
13 - TPJ

14 - Offahengaue
15 - Fledger
16 - Carrigan
17 - Paix

I'd be happy with that.
Is Papenhauzen off contract? I’d love to take one off the storm. Make sure that the storm’s/bellamy’s record without Smith is brought up in negotiations.

Last edited:

kooly87

QCup Player
Is Papenhauzen off contract? I’d love to take one off the storm. Make sure that the storm’s/bellamy’s record without Smith is brought up in negotiations.
He's off contract but I'm pretty sure negotiations to extend at Melbourne are well advanced by now.

They've moved Drinkwater to the Cowboys and even dumped Croft to accommodate him so they're clearly keen to hold onto him.

Last edited:

Kimlo

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
He's off contract but I'm pretty sure negotiations to extend at Melbourne are well advanced by now.

They've moved Drinkwater to the Cowboys and even dumped Croft to accommodate him so they're clearly keen to hold onto him.
Pap is signed for next year already.

kooly87

QCup Player
And is a Sydney boy , no chance he will come up. Pretty sure we inquired about him when they were shopping him around .
He went down to Melbourne? Why would he not do the same to come to Brisbane?

That said though, I don't see it happening. Melbourne have shown they really don't lose guys they really want to keep.
- Merged

I'd give Oates another go. Something tells me the stink in attitude at the top of the playing group filtered it's way into his form. We've all seen what he can do, he's still young.
We'd have to show faith in him and he'd have to do the same with us. Perhaps a more modest contract for a season or two for both sides to decide what the other is really worth.

Last edited:

Wolfie

State of Origin Rep
Kudos to Seibs if he has the balls to make the major changes. I really hope he does it. He has pretty much bottled the majority of big decisions he has had to make this year. Next year will be a fresh start for him, but if things dont change i cant see him lasting the year quite honestly.

pagey

NRL Captain
I'd give Oates another go. Something tells me the stink in attitude at the top of the playing group filtered it's way into his form. We've all seen what he can do, he's still young.
Yeah , Oates deserves another chance but he's turned into a one trick pony. He needs to get better because boyd isn't feeding him anymore. I'm actually thinking that I would give isaako a shot at one, he just needs to make meters and be on the ball. His passing game will come, it's not like fullbacks these days do a heap of ball playing. He also has the work ethic that can make him better, he did well in qcup with this style of play.

pagey

NRL Captain
He went down to Melbourne? Why would he not do the same to come to Brisbane?

That said though, I don't see it happening. Melbourne have shown they really don't lose guys they really want to keep.
- Merged

We'd have to show faith in him and he'd have to do the same with us. Perhaps a more modest contract for a season or two for both sides to decide what the other is really worth.
Craig Bellamy, cam Smith , Melbourne storm ..... answer your question.

big k

QCup Player
Farnworth looked instantly NRL ready. He could easily replace one of them. Though I don’t necessarily agree that we need to move on Oates. I do think he has done a lot of damage to his asking price though.
Experience will be an issue if we do indeed give Boyd and McCullough the flick. I don't think we need to throw the baby out with the bathwater.

With Turpin at hooker where belongs, Milf at 1, Dearden at 7 we are a topline halves player away from having a great spine. I don't think Bird is the answer at all, Croft would suit our needs right now and slot in well, I would even consider Croft and Sezer being signed, but I think Dearden has enormous potential with the right 6 beside him.

Battler

NRL Captain
North Brisbane
It's simple for Boyd, if he doesn't walk away you put him in Qcup and tell him to never show his face at Red Hill again. We can carry his contract for a year and then use the 700k to upgrade Fifi when he's off contract. If the club gives him 15 games next year the horror will continue.

EDIT: make it clear without saying it out loud that that's him done at the Broncos for life. No post-career career at the club on a few hundred thousand, no nothing. Just a season languishing in Qcup in shame.

Even the Dogs had the nuts to do it with Eastwood.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Twitter