RUMOUR Boyd and McCullough told to look elsewhere

On the captaincy issue, if we can move on Gillett and Glenn doesn’t stay on, why couldn’t we use that money to bring back Jai Arrow? He would walk into the captaincy role without anyone batting an eyelid and at least he has played for the club previously.

Last edited:
I think Seibold more or less confirmed that he knows that Boyd and Macca are some of the big issues we have. He said during the post match conference how everyone knows what's wrong - and everyone bags out those 2 more than anyone else.

Which makes no sense why Macca was rushed straight back into the team after his injury. We were building nicely at that stage and even beat the roosters. Then to persist with turpin at halfback..... Explain that shit seibass....

RTS has two years to go on his contract.
Warriors have a hard on for Broncos, who could be offer up for a player trade???

Warriors have a hard on for Broncos, who could be offer up for a player trade???
Boyd lol. You should have said be realistic.

Just for shits and giggles, would anyone be in favour of a straight swap of Fifita for RTS? We get that strong running, elusive fullback we so badly need right now.

Last edited:
Boyd lol. You should have said be realistic.
Yep, should have...lol
It’s a wonder this wasn’t discussed with the Warriors at some point. They were chasing half of our squad at one time or another this year. Imagine Roger running off our pack!!
[automerge]1568714427[/automerge]
Just for shits and giggles, would anyone be in favour of a straight swap of Fifita for RTS? We get that strong running, elusive fullback we so badly need right now.
He’s who I was thinking... ****, I’d chuck in Isaako to sweeten the deal!

Last edited:
We need a half. Maybe Townsend if cronulla need to offload a player for ramien. Lachlan Lewis has improved but under contract. Croft defense is ordinary, sezer or elgey are possible. Hastings is who I'd try and get in a player swap for boyd, Gillett or Macca.

Which makes no sense why Macca was rushed straight back into the team after his injury. We were building nicely at that stage and even beat the roosters. Then to persist with turpin at halfback..... Explain that shit seibass....
He wasn’t rushed back in. He was on the bench for Turpin. It wasn’t until Turpin had an absolute stinker against the Eels then Dearden got injured and Turpin moved to halfback that McCullough returned to the hooking role.

We will be in some trouble next year if the Arthars I've been watching is going to be a starter next year.

He wasn’t rushed back in. He was on the bench for Turpin. It wasn’t until Turpin had an absolute stinker against the Eels then Dearden got injured and Turpin moved to halfback that McCullough returned to the hooking role.

Well the moment he declared himself fit he was straight back into the team at the expense of segeyaro if I remember correctly. Which in itself was strange too. McCullough as impact on the bench? That’s laughable. And how come turpin never got the hooking role again after one bad performance?

We need a half. Maybe Townsend if cronulla need to offload a player for ramien. Lachlan Lewis has improved but under contract. Croft defense is ordinary, sezer or elgey are possible. Hastings is who I'd try and get in a player swap for boyd, Gillett or Macca.
Hastings is a ball running half and a poor man's Jack bird. Is this the guy you want steering our team around the park?

For me, that was the confirmation sign that Seibold didn't have a clue what he was doing. It was crystal clear Macca's sluggish ball play was gumming up the works. He should never have been allowed near the dummy half role again.

Andrew McCullough is truly a special player.

Special, in that he has managed to play 260 NRL games, and 3 NRL games for Queensland, without being any form of running threat or able to hit a man on the chest with the ball.

A sobering thought I had earlier this year when the Broncos played their 800th game was that Macca has played in well over a quarter of those...

Last year I suggested we sign Billy Walters. The Tigers have signed him, it is yet to be announced though. Just wait for it. I assume he will be Marshall’s long term replacement.

Hastings is a ball running half and a poor man's Jack bird. Is this the guy you want steering our team around the park?
He has a good kicking game. It really depends on what money he is willing to accept. I think the cupboard is pretty bare for good halves and he is the best of what is there.

Unread

Active Now

• Porthoz
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Redux
  • winslow_wong
  • Broncos Maestro
  • Johnny92
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Morkel
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Allo
  • Bish
  • NSW stables
  • Broncosgirl
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.