NEWS Boyd hits back: I'm pretty happy with my form

Ironic your username...

That's where it's from!

I was a big M. Night fan growing up, The Sixth Sense, Unbreakable & Signs in the space of 4 years, beautiful. Went a bit down hill after that, but still the occasional gem.

Seibold's thoughts on Darius, form not as bad as Roberts and Isaako.

"Darius is probably an easy target," he said.
"Any fullback in the competition is an easy target because any error that you make is magnified 10-fold because you are there by yourself.
"Darius is doing some really good things in some areas of his game and there are things he wants to work on and improve. The thing about Darius is that he is a great professional and works really hard at training.
"It is my job to point out the areas that he can be better with. We have constant communication. Darius is our captain and the best option at fullback at the moment. I love his attitude."
So Siebs is counting all the 1% plays Boyd does and knows there is effort in him. I actually agree, he chases on kickoffs, often is one of the first on kick chase, then defends in the line for the following 2 gets back for kicks. Defends on in our danger zone. So maybe his effort is there his intent to do good is there.

But in saying this he is out of form. His offence is well below what is expected of a top level fullback. He does not take contact well never looks a threat around the ruck. He just looks busted and timid in the areas that win you games from the back. Its like he says if i just do all tge little things right, the boys can get us over the line. He just thinks be sound.

Put it in contrast with Billy Slater who was older and also had bad injuries. He never stopped being a threat. He was a danger and potential game winner right up to the point he hung the boots up. He actually played to win and was fully prepared to do the work be the guy that won you the game. I feel he played like a guy who was fully ready to have his career ended with an injury.

D. Boyd needs to play like its his last game every time be go's on the field. He needs to forget the injuries, he needs to forget that his next injury could end his playing career and he needs to play like its his only way of getting into Valhalla. Throw caution to the wind and go out killing. It's the only way he can turn it around.

That's where it's from!

I was a big M. Night fan growing up, The Sixth Sense, Unbreakable & Signs in the space of 4 years, beautiful. Went a bit down hill after that, but still the occasional gem.

giphy.gif

Was Signs part of the story?

If so, mind blown and rewatching all of those again.

Wot? Are you talking about the Unbreakabe, Split & Glass story? Nah, The Sixth Sense & Signs were individual movies.

Posted this in Boyd's thread due to his quotes and their relevance to his own performance at the moment. I had a quick read of the News Posting Thread, but wasn't sure if it applied to ALL news articles

Last edited by a moderator:
Not fan? Haha, I loved the shit out of that movie.

Me walking in to the Conspiracy Theory thread -

giphy.gif

Didn't mind it actually but that's some solid company you've placed it with.

Unread

Active Now

• MrTickyMcG
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Maroon4life
  • Lurker
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Battler
  • bert_lifts
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Broncosgirl
  • Johnny92
  • Behold
  • Big Del
  • Porthoz
  • davidp
  • FaceOfMutiny
  • Dash
  • maddo
  • TimWhatley
  • ChewThePhatt
... and 25 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.