NEWS Boyd: I'm still captain

lol my body's still good. Oh God if he's starting as captain I can't imagine the shitshow we are going to have to endure next season. I expect pitchforks at Red Hill somewhere around rounds 8-10.

This time last year I was defending Boyd and predicting a good season from him because he seemed to be fit. Unfortunately it’s not his body holding him back but his head and he let me down. I think that period last year when he kept playing injured just broke him. I don’t care how well he trains this off season he is cooked when it comes to game day. Put a fork in him and send him to the ISC.

This is THE test of Siebold in my opinion. He can't be blind, he must know that this guy CANNOT be in the side next year unless there are 29 injuries. However, he is popular with the players apparently, so how Siebs handles this will be crucial. He has the potential to lose the dressing room or the supporters, or both. I have no idea how to do this but demoting and omitting Boyd MUST be done if Siebs wants to be head coach beyond next season.

This is THE test of Siebold in my opinion. He can't be blind, he must know that this guy CANNOT be in the side next year unless there are 29 injuries. However, he is popular with the players apparently, so how Siebs handles this will be crucial. He has the potential to lose the dressing room or the supporters, or both. I have no idea how to do this but demoting and omitting Boyd MUST be done if Siebs wants to be head coach beyond next season.

While Boyd is well respected and popular, it's up to the coach to earn his money and make it work. Everyone next year has a clean slate for me and that includes anyone I think has been rubbish this year. We need to pick on form, not on reputation. If Boyd is playing well, he gets picked, if he isn't, we don't carry him like this year. It's not rocket science. Let's reward good performance.

While Boyd is well respected and popular, it's up to the coach to earn his money and make it work. Everyone next year has a clean slate for me and that includes anyone I think has been rubbish this year. We need to pick on form, not on reputation. If Boyd is playing well, he gets picked, if he isn't, we don't carry him like this year. It's not rocket science. Let's reward good performance.
Agreed for the most part, but Boyd has to earn his spot in the round 1 team by showing something pretty worthwhile in the preseason/trials otherwise he can show how well he's playing in cup.

100%

But let’s be real, the second he takes a knee, waves his hand at the refs instead of attempting a tackle or just stands there and watches someone score, he gets dropped for good.

100%

But let’s be real, the second he takes a knee, waves his hand at the refs instead of attempting a tackle or just stands there and watches someone score, he gets dropped for good.

I actually dont care if he takes a knee tbh, and i've said it before, but he doesnt do it on purpose to let bloke past or duck out of anything, he does it because he has no lateral movement, no agility and to me he clearly has issues that stop him moving freely. If all that i mentioned is the same in 2020 as it was in 2019, and we put Boyd in a position where its going to expose him, thats on the coach. Boyd like everyone has to prove he is worth a spot. He didnt in 2019, but Seibold picked him. That cant happen with anyone next year. To me, Boyd has 2 options if he wants a spot in our team next year, wing or center, and he has to show he is the best option there. I actually cant see it happening.

Last edited:
I actually dont care if he takes a knee tbh, and i've said it before, but he doesnt do it on purpose to let bloke past or duck out of anything, he does it because he has no lateral movement, no agility and to me he clearly has issues that stop him moving freely. If all that i mentioned is the same in 2020 as it was in 2019, and we put Boyd in a position where its going to expose him, thats on the coach. Boyd like everyone has to prove he is worth a spot. He didnt in 2019, but Seibold picked him. That cant happen with anyone next year. To me, Boyd has 2 options if he wants a spot in our team next year, wing or center, and he has to show he is the best option there. I actually cant see it happening.
100% mate. I like the fella and don't buy into most of that bullshit about him taking it easy and such, but there's no way I'd be picking him on the wing. If his body can handle that he can play fullback, if his body can't handle fullback there's no way he could do a proper job on the wing. Center doesn't seem ideal for a guy who can't shift sideways very well either. He's got the skills and vision but doesn't seem like the body can hack it any more.

100% mate. I like the fella and don't buy into most of that bullshit about him taking it easy and such, but there's no way I'd be picking him on the wing. If his body can handle that he can play fullback, if his body can't handle fullback there's no way he could do a proper job on the wing. Center doesn't seem ideal for a guy who can't shift sideways very well either. He's got the skills and vision but doesn't seem like the body can hack it any more.

I think the benefit wing has for him is he basically runs in straight lines and everything will be straight him.

Amen brother, we live in hope.

Agreed for the most part, but Boyd has to earn his spot in the round 1 team by showing something pretty worthwhile in the preseason/trials otherwise he can show how well he's playing in cup.

Problem is he and Macca will train the house down and act all senior player like as they are mega professionals off the field. Boyd will come out saying his body feels amazing and is super keen to right the wrongs of season 2019. The clubs in trouble for a few more years I feel.

Active Now

• Aldo
  • Xzei
  • Lozza
  • Wolfie
  • Manofoneway
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Culhwch
  • Big Del
  • Broncorob
  • Santa
  • Foordy
  • winslow_wong
  • Fitzy
  • Hoof Hearted
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.