NEWS Boyd: it's not just a game

Status
Not open for further replies.
McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
On the back of his first NRL-standard performance since Wayne Bennett abandoned him on a Red Hill doorstep, notorious salary-cap-hogging softcock, Darius Boyd has stern words for his gut-busting teammates who've carried his work-shirking ass for two years. The universally-ridiculed former captain, who famously cited mental health as an excuse for cheating on his wife, said:

"It’s not about me. We lost. We need to be better. I’m sick of coming here doing these press conferences [after a loss]. It’s disappointing. It’s not good enough. It’s tough. It’s hard to keep going to training and doing the same thing and turning up with the same attitude and mindset and not get the result. I’m pretty sick and tired of talking about negatives and having to apologise to people."

"You can say there was effort and attitude and heart or whatever you call it but we didn’t get the result. Now you have to go to training and be upbeat and positive and go through the same thing and try to put out the same effort. It’s hard to keep doing that when you aren’t getting your result on the weekend."

“Some of these guys are just happy playing first grade and being in the washing machine and in the bubble of playing. That’s how I was when I was an 18, 19 or 20-year-old, I was just happy to play for the Broncos and play with the greats of the team at that time. We know there are quality guys in our team and there are guys learning their craft and learning to be first graders. This team can be special in a couple of years, but we still need to win right now."

Https  prodstatic9netau fs c31b80fd 1995 4928 9e71 acbf6cb4c050

Happy just playing first grade

“We can’t be putting in poor performances. You can say we tried hard in this game and you could rate it as a pass, but there’s a lot of games where we have been blown off the park and it’s been quite embarrassing. We need to be better now and that’s the challenge. "

"When we conceded those tries at the end, we weren’t talking and that’s the key. You don’t talk for one play and great players like Shaun Johnson and Wade Graham (Sharks duo) will find you out. Winning is contagious and losing is contagious too. At the moment, we are finding ways to lose. It’s tough, because this club has been built on a lot of wins and great times and positivity. It’s one of the most famous brands in Australian sport and at the moment we’re the ones holding the fort and it’s time to do the club and the fans proud.”

And everyone laughed because it was Darius.

McHunt

Last edited:
On the back of his first NRL-standard performance since Wayne Bennett abandoned him on a Red Hill doorstep, notorious salary-cap-hogging softcock, Darius Boyd has stern words for his gut-busting teammates who've carried his work-shirking ass for two years. The universally-ridiculed former captain, who famously cited mental health as an excuse for cheating on his wife, said:

"It’s not about me. We lost. We need to be better. I’m sick of coming here doing these press conferences [after a loss]. It’s disappointing. It’s not good enough. It’s tough. It’s hard to keep going to training and doing the same thing and turning up with the same attitude and mindset and not get the result. I’m pretty sick and tired of talking about negatives and having to apologise to people."

"You can say there was effort and attitude and heart or whatever you call it but we didn’t get the result. Now you have to go to training and be upbeat and positive and go through the same thing and try to put out the same effort. It’s hard to keep doing that when you aren’t getting your result on the weekend."

“Some of these guys are just happy playing first grade and being in the washing machine and in the bubble of playing. That’s how I was when I was an 18, 19 or 20-year-old, I was just happy to play for the Broncos and play with the greats of the team at that time. We know there are quality guys in our team and there are guys learning their craft and learning to be first graders. This team can be special in a couple of years, but we still need to win right now."

View attachment 9087
Happy just playing first grade

“We can’t be putting in poor performances. You can say we tried hard in this game and you could rate it as a pass, but there’s a lot of games where we have been blown off the park and it’s been quite embarrassing. We need to be better now and that’s the challenge. "

"When we conceded those tries at the end, we weren’t talking and that’s the key. You don’t talk for one play and great players like Shaun Johnson and Wade Graham (Sharks duo) will find you out. Winning is contagious and losing is contagious too. At the moment, we are finding ways to lose. It’s tough, because this club has been built on a lot of wins and great times and positivity. It’s one of the most famous brands in Australian sport and at the moment we’re the ones holding the fort and it’s time to do the club and the fans proud.”

And everyone laughed because it was Darius.

McHunt

Pretty disrespectful tbh, especially given his performance last night.

Pretty disrespectful tbh, especially given his performance last night.
What would you call the last two years of shit he served up to us: is that respect for the jersey? All last night did was rub it in how much he's been taking the piss.

Last edited:
Imagine if Darbs spoke and played like this consistently. I’d almost not hate him.
Imagine if you found out Darbs could play like that all along but hadn't been for some reason.

McHunt is soft, both physically and in the head. Not fit to carry Boyd's shoes.

If Boyd was wearing them, I reckon I'd struggle to carry them too.

McHunt showing his quality yet again. Stick with the amateur journalist schtick mate.

McHunt showing his quality yet again. Stick with the amateur journalist schtick mate.
Let’s not make fun of a woman with mental health issues please.
You really are a POS at times.
**** you guys. Like I said, don't bring up his parents. Go search on his reunion with his mother if you can't help yourself. I never passed any judgement on her.
[automerge]1596323555[/automerge]
You really are a POS at times.
You particularly can get fucked after the venom you poured on Tesi Niu.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• phoenix
  • Battler
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Lurker
  • The True King
  • Financeguy
  • Brocko
  • BroncoFan94
  • Bucking Beads
  • GCBRONCO
  • Xzei
  • The Don
  • Fitzy
  • Griffo
  • Foordy
  • Manlyman
  • Broncorob
  • ChewThePhatt
... and 11 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.