NEWS Boyd: No one wants to play the Broncos

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
TL;DR: If we can win another game, we might win another after that. Rinse and repeat.

Boyd can stay at Broncos

Darius Boyd says Brisbane can make an impact in the NRL finals, if they make it

Chris Honnery,
The Courier-Mail
August 28, 2019 4:43pm

Last edited by a moderator:
“As long as us in the halves are getting the team into spots and executing plays, we’ll go a long way." So we are in serious danger of not making the eight then?

I am fucking done with the amount of propaganda coming out of the club this season.

Every week there's about a thousand stories on how great we are. Well fuckin' prove it.
"Boyd has declared they will be the team “no one wants to play” this finals series." - I'd lay odds the Storm are hoping they get the Broncos. Also, not a peep from the Eels this week which usually signals a team who are hugely confident of the two points. I hope Seibs has our boys primed to go straight for the jugular from the off. I'm sure Parra think (after last showing) that we are easy beats.

I fully agree with you mate. This pointless hubris has to stop. Here's a well worn cliche for you Darius that might help - Let's walk the walk first.

This f'wit gives more time and energy to reporters than he does the team he's meant to be leading. What is with this fucking club, doing shit, and interviews.

Get the **** back to training, and learn to win games.

I am fucking done with the amount of propaganda coming out of the club this season.

Every week there's about a thousand stories on how great we are. Well fuckin' prove it.
You might want to turn away soon. As the clubs involved in the finals dwindle, the papers will be desperate for anything resembling news.

Wait, when did we find form?
We've been doing pretty well since we beat the Sharks. We've only lost 2 of our last 8 games, and one of those we matched in tries. Earlier in the season we were bottom of the table; now we're talking finals.

If we can beat the Eels tomorrow night, we'll probably play them again in the first final. That bodes well for making the second round of the finals. But like Durius says: we have to get there first.

Last edited:
Everyone wants to play us while he is still in the team
And that’s the sad thing - truly I mean it, it’s a real shame for him.

I don’t think there would be a single player from a single team that fears marking up on Boyd - in attack or defence.

I joke a lot about his form, and I criticise him just as much, but what an absolute meteoric decline it’s been.

He’s gone from the Australian fullback in 2016 (but also, he wasn’t there by default, he kept Slater out because he was in career-best form then) to the bloke no one fears when he is attacking, but also fancy themselves to beat when he was defending at the back.

Can anyone think of a worse decline?

Someone put a gag on Boyd this is getting beyond embarrassing now.

I’d be willing to wager to throw my house on us being the team everyone wants to play in the finals.

Only team in the 8 that we seem to have their measure is Cronulla and we will not be facing them at all. And even then I bet Cronulla would rather play us than a Storm, Roosters, Raiders, Manly, Eels or Souths

What is the next step in the Darius PR machine? I say just do an Adam Goodes and call everyone racist.

What is the next step in the Darius PR machine? I say just do an Adam Goodes and call everyone racist.

Maybe Boyd’s missus bought a few ads in the paper by the sounds of things. Wouldn’t surprise me with the absolute ridiculous PR spin we hear about him week to week. Money is always behind the root of all things.

Wish we would hear more niceties about Alex Glenn, you know the guy who has actually played 70 odd more games in Broncos colours than Boyd, who has also captained the Broncos, is a one club player, has always held himself with class and grace to the fans and media over his entire career and is still contributing to the team in a positive way and providing value for money.

Last edited:
We've been doing pretty well since we beat the Sharks. We've only lost 2 of our last 8 games, and one of those we matched in tries. Earlier in the season we were bottom of the table; now we're talking finals.

If we can beat the Eels tomorrow night, we'll probably play them again in the first final. That bodes well for making the second round of the finals. But like Durius says: we have to get there first.

I wouldn’t say we’ve been in good form though. I guess winning is the main thing but some of our performances have been pretty ugly. Remember the Cowboys game ?

I wouldn’t say we’ve been in good form though. I guess winning is the main thing but some of our performances have been pretty ugly. Remember the Cowboys game ?
Yep, only a mother(fucker) could love us. But we've been winning regardless.

Another Boyd article?

Is our beloved captain going for a record or something? Or did he just draw the short draw for media duties this week?

Ask him some tough questions dammit!

Hey Darbs - What's your favourite Darius Boyd conspiracy theory?

The one about how Seibold wanted to drop you but Broncos management stepped in and said no because you earn too much money...

...you're deliberately falling over and dropping off tackles...

Exactly what you have to gain by sabotaging and torpedoing your career and the Broncos season is still a bit up in the air.

Personally, I'm warming to the one that he's trolling the fanbase and media. From a certain angle and in a certain light, a case could be made he's just taking the piss.

Now I'm not saying it's up there with Epstein, Notre Dame cathedral etc but the theory is sound.

Active Now

• bazza
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Galah
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Broncosgirl
  • Xzei
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Painin the Haas
  • Tim K
  • Organix
  • Mr Fourex
  • winslow_wong
  • LittleDavey
  • Johnny92
  • kman
  • I bleed Maroon
  • mystico
  • Porthoz
  • BroncosAlways
  • Foordy
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.