NEWS Boyd: No one wants to play the Broncos

Another Boyd article?

Is our beloved captain going for a record or something? Or did he just draw the short draw for media duties this week?

Ask him some tough questions dammit!

Hey Darbs - What's your favourite Darius Boyd conspiracy theory?

The one about how Seibold wanted to drop you but Broncos management stepped in and said no because you earn too much money...

...you're deliberately falling over and dropping off tackles...

Exactly what you have to gain by sabotaging and torpedoing your career and the Broncos season is still a bit up in the air.

Personally, I'm warming to the one that he's trolling the fanbase and media. From a certain angle and in a certain light, a case could be made he's just taking the piss.

Now I'm not saying it's up there with Epstein, Notre Dame cathedral etc but the theory is sound.
That's a Kayla paddling for you as well.

And that’s the sad thing - truly I mean it, it’s a real shame for him.

I don’t think there would be a single player from a single team that fears marking up on Boyd - in attack or defence.

I joke a lot about his form, and I criticise him just as much, but what an absolute meteoric decline it’s been.

He’s gone from the Australian fullback in 2016 (but also, he wasn’t there by default, he kept Slater out because he was in career-best form then) to the bloke no one fears when he is attacking, but also fancy themselves to beat when he was defending at the back.

Can anyone think of a worse decline?

Hmmm...

Ben Barba?

How come your posts don't merge? Is there a setting where I can change it? @Mods

His posts were 3 minutes apart, I think it's a time thing, not a back to back post thing.

Definitely an epic fall from grace, but not because of form, just because he’s a loose cannon.

Yeah true haha.

You do have a good point, I’m finding hard to think of a player that compares to Boyd.
Hayne would be up there with declines, after he came back from his dream chasing in the US he was pretty average. I believe his new dream is soccer...smh

Tim Grant
Tim Moltzen

All tiger players named Tim.

Last edited:
Tim Grant
Tim Moltzen

All tiger players named Tim.

You can bet your life you're forgetting another Tim.

Clue: Recently made a comeback in NSW Cup for the Sea Eagles.

I'm not sure I'd put Simona in the "biggest decline" category, his form was pretty decent when he decided to have a punt.

Active Now

• johnny plath
  • westy316
  • Broncosgirl
  • Xzei
  • Sproj
  • IceWorks
  • Matheos
  • KateBroncos1812
  • winslow_wong
  • Santa
  • Broncorob
  • Gaz
  • Tmac
  • TimWhatley
  • Bish
  • Behind enemy lines
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.