NEWS Boyd: No one wants to play the Broncos

I'm not sure I'd put Simona in the "biggest decline" category, his form was pretty decent when he decided to have a punt.

I thought the convo had moved on, otherwise why would anyone bring up Moltzen? What is his career highlight? Almost swindling the Dragons?

I don't know why but I everytime I see this thread I keep thinking there's a "for" missing and I get irrationally annoyed that my own head is fabricating shit from Boyd.

I don't know why but I everytime I see this thread I keep thinking there's a "for" missing and I get irrationally annoyed that my own head is fabricating shit from Boyd.

It's been bothering me all week.

I keep filling in the blanks with "Boyd: No one wants to play with me"

I thought the convo had moved on, otherwise why would anyone bring up Moltzen? What is his career highlight? Almost swindling the Dragons?

He had that one good season. Boyd’s career is starting to remind me a lot of Kurt Gidley.

He had that one good season. Boyd’s career is starting to remind me a lot of Kurt Gidley.

What year are we talking about? 2009? Tim was a decent prospect but he's one of those players who's career was plagued by injury before it ever really got going.

Gidley is a fair shout, albeit for different reasons. Boyd was an out and out fullback who has declined over the years. Kurt was a five-eighth who couldn't cut it there, but made a decent fist of fullback until he was eventually exposed. I'd say they were similar in that Gidley had been exposed by 2009, yet remained at Newcastle until 2015.

A similar story was Will Zillman who was offered one of the most generous five year deals in NRL history. If you had have told me that Will Zillman had left the Gold Coast in 2014 I would have believed you. He remained a Titan until 2017, driving their fans crazy all the while.

Thinking on it, a lot of fullbacks tend to have very long back-halves. David Peachey, Rhys Wesser, Wade McKinnon come to mind right away. Then you've got players like Matty Bowen, Brett Stewart and Anthony Minichiello to an extent. Maybe it's just a younger man's position and a case like Slater is the exception rather than the rule.

What year are we talking about? 2009? Tim was a decent prospect but he's one of those players who's career was plagued by injury before it ever really got going.

Gidley is a fair shout, albeit for different reasons. Boyd was an out and out fullback who has declined over the years. Kurt was a five-eighth who couldn't cut it there, but made a decent fist of fullback until he was eventually exposed. I'd say they were similar in that Gidley had been exposed by 2009, yet remained at Newcastle until 2015.

A similar story was Will Zillman who was offered one of the most generous five year deals in NRL history. If you had have told me that Will Zillman had left the Gold Coast in 2014 I would have believed you. He remained a Titan until 2017, driving their fans crazy all the while.

Thinking on it, a lot of fullbacks tend to have very long back-halves. David Peachey, Rhys Wesser, Wade McKinnon come to mind right away. Then you've got players like Matty Bowen, Brett Stewart and Anthony Minichiello to an extent. Maybe it's just a younger man's position and a case like Slater is the exception rather than the rule.

You might be right. The position needs speed, great endurance, and a level of disregard for one’s own body that I don’t think many can maintain into their 30’s. Slater worked because he was such a professional when it comes to his fitness but also he really broadened his skill set toward the end to keep himself handy.

A fullbacks life can be very good if hes herding the team around. Speed isn't as critical from a defense side at FB as its all about reading the play and knowing your opposition. That can be the difference between being 5m closer to the play. Attacking wise speed isn't as critical if you are good at following the ball and creating the extra man. A good fullback will extend their life by being a gun in the oppositions 30m to the try line for short passes and kicks into the in goal.

Boyd struggles with all of this currently. A lot is mentality and lack of study.

He is charged with rape in Australia too though.
Yeh I'm appalled by the outrage in the Sydney press that he has received and the amount of vitriol coming from Yvonne Sampson is deafening.

It's like a silent double standards has been enacted.

Yeh I'm appalled by the outrage in the Sydney press that he has received and the amount of vitriol coming from Yvonne Sampson is deafening.

It's like a silent double standards has been enacted.
Well charged is not necessarily guilty. Although him settling the other case is not really a good look. Any legal eagles know if that can be used against him?

Well charged is not necessarily guilty. Although him settling the other case is not really a good look. Any legal eagles know if that can be used against him?
? Why would it ? He wasn't found guilty by the sound of it. Sounds fishy and there was insufficient evidence to charge him. Can't see why a non event would be part of any aussie case. Not unless someone was trying to prejudice people against him.

If you mean used against him in his Australian case then no. A civil settlement in a foreign country could absolutely not be introduced as evidence in a criminal case.

? Why would it ? He wasn't found guilty by the sound of it. Sounds fishy and there was insufficient evidence to charge him. Can't see why a non event would be part of any aussie case. Not unless someone was trying to prejudice people against him.
It could also be perceived as paying someone for the matter to go away. That's what settled out of court means as far as I know?? He paid some moey for it to go away?
[automerge]1567158916[/automerge]
If you mean used against him in his Australian case then no. A civil settlement in a foreign country could absolutely not be introduced as evidence in a criminal case.
ta

Last edited:
It could also be perceived as paying someone for the matter to go away. That's what settled out of court means as far as I know?? He paid some moey for it to go away?
[automerge]1567158916[/automerge]

ta
Like I said, why would it?

Active Now

• marw
  • Browny
  • Broncosgirl
  • Xzei
  • RolledOates
  • Fozz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.