NEWS Boyd says he's no five-eighth and Lockyer agrees

Yeah it’s a bit of a redundant argument. Of course there are things of greater importance in life than the NRL. Sport is just escapism after all. I try not to say emotionally charged or irrational things in here but some times I do and that’s part of the fun of being a sports fan. That doesn’t mean that I walk around my day to day life muttering about Boyd’s defence under my breathe and kicking my dog because I named it Darius in 2015 and that’s turned out to be a worse decision than his long term contract.

At the end of the day, nothing matters and we are all just apes on a rock hurtling through space, and time itself is just a construct. But if we don’t pretend to care than no one watches and we now live in a world were most NRL players are only playing footy socially after a nice week of scaffolding.
Wait what? Yu named your dog Darius? That’s unfortunate.
My son’s named after JT, he was born before 2015 obviously. Regrets man.

Wait what? Yu named your dog Darius? That’s unfortunate.
My son’s named after JT, he was born before 2015 obviously. Regrets man.

No, I don’t really own a dog. If anyone asks, you named your kid after Johno Wright.

Yeah not all his bombs are bad, most of them in fact are good and would be hard to catch. Agree about the variety. My problem really is the lack of chase on a lot of them, and being under pressure too often, not being deep enough to get a good angle on the kick, in those cases the kick is just a quick thing to avoid being smashed.

I have said for along time that we need a deeper attack, we seem to be rushed all the time.

Milf needs to set himself deeper behind the play the ball to get a better angle on his kicks, to find the corners on the last. He gets rushed too fast and ends up with a Hunt type bomb too often, that has **** all chasers. Within two tackles, the opposition are back to where Milford kicked it. That's all I want to see from Milf this week, experiment with controlling the game by kicking. Slow things down, speed them up. I don't think he can fit his previously epic running game and his game management/primary kicking duties into one game. At least he hasn't consistently yet.
The problem isn't milfs kicking so much as that it is somewhat predictable and teams react accordingly. Both our halves have looked great when we are on the front foot and our opponents are caught flatfooted, but it's a rarity as we don't really threaten repeat sets and very often have it done to us.
That and our (insane at times) uptempo game mean our skillful forwards are out on their feet. It becomes a catch 22 situation that tiredness leads to mistakes, that leads to repeat sets, that leads to tiredness, that eventually ends up with a phenomonaly average player looking like a Lockyer/Inglis/Slater hybrid scoring as an edge defence (shaky to begin with) wilts.
We need a leader in the halves and in attack in general that understands our forwards (the whole team really) are not supermen who can just switch on after 3 repeat sets for a complex set of 6 ending with a chancey all or nothing dash or the like.
They can however bend the line (and do). They can offload. They can kick chase pretty well (when they are not buggered).
They have all we need from them and just need kicking, patience and the focus of our backs to match theirs, along with some sensibly managed end of sets.
Id even agree we are not too far off for most of that but without a regular second kicker we will still be hampered. Without a leader in attack we will keep falling into the same trap I've outlined because inveribly one of the half dozen players trying to call the shots will stuff up or one of the others will get in the way.

I have said for along time that we need a deeper attack, we seem to be rushed all the time.

This is painful to watch at times.
I thought with Seibold coming in we would have a deeper attack, maybe it's work in progress?
As you mentioned @pagey our attack seems rushed, thus reducing momentum.
I want to see forwards hitting the line in pairs and a deep attack giving weapons like the jet space.

Yeah he throws the last pass and it’s pretty telegraphed because you know he won’t be a threat himself, he’ll always throw it.

Not always, some times the pass won’t be on and he’ll just surrender himself to the defence.

No I get that, which is why I deleted an earlier post of mine because on reflection I thought it was unfair, particularly towards @Dee. All of the negativity, particularly when it is very repetitive gets a bit wearing. But, tallyho, go at it.

100%

Active Now

• jarro65
  • Sproj
  • Thelmus
  • Xzei
  • Splinter
  • Broncorob
  • Broncos Maestro
  • Harry Sack
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Santa
  • Fatboy
  • Battler
  • RodF
  • eggstar10
  • teampjta
  • broncoscope
  • Johnny92
  • Bronx48
  • ettybay
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.