NEWS Boyd Urged to Consider Early Retirement

No I don't know him, and I'm basing things mainly off a few people I know who know him and him in interviews saying he reads nothing these days.

Forgive me for being a sceptic on Boyds ability to shut out all of the noise.

Forgive me for being a sceptic on Boyds ability to shut out all of the noise.

No worries mate. I think it would be tricky, but I suppose when you have been through what he has and the media was a trigger for you it might not be as difficult as we think.

It really isnt that hard to isolate yourself from the news or social media.
I don't participate in social media, except bhq, and in our house we choose not to watch the news or current affairs type programs.
Often when we are out with friends someone will bring up a current story and we have no idea what they are talking about.
Darius seems to have decided to switch off even more than I have.
Try it sometime, some of you will be surprised how easy it is.

I still think he is because he pays zero attention to it. He would be aware to a point people are saying things about him, but it doesn't have any real effect on his mindset because he pays no attention to it whatsoever. The people whose opinions matter to him are all giving him no reason to doubt himself. That more of a worry probably.
Which when you think about, speaks to a fairly well developed strength of character, which may be one of the reasons that the coach is supporting him.

You don't do satire?
Yes I do and I put those funny little things on the screen to show I was tongue in cheek with my reply but unfortunately the fucking things don't seem to work for me from time to time. I felt you brother ! Really !

I don't participate in social media, except bhq, and in our house we choose not to watch the news or current affairs type programs.
Often when we are out with friends someone will bring up a current story and we have no idea what they are talking about.

Absolutely this. I haven’t had a free-to-air antenna connected to my TV in years, have never had Foxtel, don’t miss either one at all.

I go to the bar or friends’ places to watch the Broncos, or listen on the radio.

I pick up the major news events from friends and co-workers, and the rest doesn’t matter.

The one I can’t give up is Twitter, it’s really good for keeping up with work stuff from around the world. But, it’s still pretty toxic and I would like to get rid of it eventually.

twitter...ewww.... I can refer you to some fantastic psychiatrists?

Out of interest, do you consider this a good trait or a bad trait?

Good overall. I really turned off news and current affairs because they scour the world for bad news.
I tend to pick up a book more often without the habit of turning on the tellie.

If it wasn’t for FTA-only sport I wouldn’t connect an aerial to my tv

Yes I do and I put those funny little things on the screen to show I was tongue in cheek with my reply but unfortunately the fucking things don't seem to work for me from time to time. I felt you brother ! Really !
Haha the art of text based communication. An emoticon is worth a thousand keystrokes. Except when they malfunction 🤦.

Good overall. I really turned off news and current affairs because they scour the world for bad news.
I tend to pick up a book more often without the habit of turning on the tellie.

...and sensationalise absolutely everything.

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • Broncorob
  • Broncosgirl
  • KateBroncos1812
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.