Round 8 vs. South Sydney (A) - Thurs 7:50pm
Round 9 vs. Manly (A*) - Fri 7:55pm
Round 10 vs. Sydney (H) - Fri 7:55pm
Round 11 vs. Warriors (A) - Sat 5:30pm
Round 12 - Bye
State of Origin I - Brisbane

Round 13 - vs. Gold Coast (H) - Sun 2:00pm
Round 14 - vs. Parramatta (A) - Sat 7:35pm
State of Origin II - Perth (Rep Weekend)
Round 15
- vs. Newcastle (A) - Sat 5:30pm
Round 16 - vs. Cronulla (A) - Sun 4:05pm
State of Origin III - Sydney
Round 17 - vs. Warriors (H) - Sat 5:30pm
Round 18 vs. Canterbury (H) - Thurs 7:50pm
Round 19 vs. Gold Coast (A) - Sat 5:30pm
Round 20 vs. Melbourne (H) - Fri 7:55pm
Round 21 vs. North Queensland (A) - Thurs 7:50pm
Round 22 vs. Penrith (H) - Fri 7:55pm
Round 23 vs. South Sydney (H) - Fri 7:55pm
Round 24 vs. Parramatta (H) - Fri 7:55pm
Round 25 vs. Bulldogs (A) - Sat 5:30pm

*denotes Suncorp Magic Weekend fixture

We were promised more Sunday home games.

Greenturd didn't deliver.

Meanwhile Cowboys get six Saturday games. And we are supposed to be the ones that are looked after..

Tough start for the Broncos. They don't get to play a bottom four side until Round 9, and straight after they have to face the defending premiers and travel to NZ.

The Broncos management can't be too happy with the one Sunday home game. Fortunately it's a local derby and should still draw a decent crowd.

Meanwhile Cowboys get six Saturday games. And we are supposed to be the ones that are looked after..

Outside of the 6pm Friday slot, Saturday games are the least popular time slot. Naturally Greenberg is going to hand them over to the club that wants them.

They have a cozy start to the season, they don't leave the state for the first five rounds with their only away game being in Brisbane.

Rd 23 could well be the most interesting.

They have a cozy start to the season, they don't leave the state for the first five rounds with their only away game being in Brisbane.
That sounds familiar... wasn't it something like 9 rounds before they had to go to Sydney or something last year

That sounds familiar... wasn't it something like 9 rounds before they had to go to Sydney or something last year

Good catch, albeit they did have to travel to New Zealand and Melbourne.

For a franchise that's historically struggled on the road, it's a friendly way to kick off the post-JT era.

Last edited:

We have seven Saturday games.

I don’t know why I bother sometimes. Every fucking year I look forward to the NRL Draw being released and every year I end up being utterly disappointed and let down. I don’t know where to start. 3 things I noticed straight off that bat within the first 2 minutes of dissecting our draw is:

-We play the top 4 teams from last year twice
-4 of our first 5 games are on a fucking Thursday night
-We have been reduced to only one Sunday afternoon home game this year

If you want to know why crowds are dwindling look no further to the geniuses who come up this abomination of a schedule

-We play St George once all year and in round 3 at home and yep you guessed it, it’s on a Thursday night. In what would be a typical 40,000-45,000 crowd will probably be around the 30,000 mark.
-They have Cowboys hosting us on a Thursday yet again when NQ’ers have to travel long distances to attend.
-They have us playing the Premiers twice in the first 10 rounds with one of them being at the SCG on wait for it, you guessed it again, on a fucking Thursday.
-They have a Western Sydney derby (Eels Panthers) at the new stadium in Round 11 on wait for it again, a Thursday night.
-Titans vs Warriors on what is a typical good drawing game for the Titans and a great atmosphere due to a big kiwi contingent on the coast (and I have taken my kiwi mate to the past 3 of these games when he has come down to Brisbane on holidays) and is typically played on a Saturday evening or Sunday afternoon is now being jammed in on 6pm Friday night time slot.
-They have Dragons and Storm playing again on an origin affected round and on a Thursday night.
-Titans vs Cowboys Derby also played on an origin affected round at GC when both teams expected to have multiple representative players missing
-Eels vs Dogs derby at the new Western Sydney Stadium on a Thursday.
-They have Raiders Vs Manly on prime time Sunday afternoon FTA when Dragons vs Roosters is on Saturday night.
-And to finish off the season Roosters vs Rabbits derby is on a Thursday a week before the finals.

I know you can’t please everyone but deadset! This ladies and gentlemen is what is contributing substantially to crowd numbers dwindling

The draw looks good and the more Thurs, Fri night games, the better. Of course, when you have a 24 GS/ 16 team comp, there are going to be some schedule imbalances and not everyone will be happy. But I like the look of this one, a tough opening month but that will harden the boys for the remainder.

-They have Cowboys hosting us on a Thursday yet again when NQ’ers have to travel long distances to attend.

This is such a big rivalry game. Criminal that it's on a Thursday night for both sets of fans. I'm sure more Broncos fans would also attend if it was on a Friday or Saturday. Hard to justify taking 2 days leave to attend a football game.

The rivalry is a victim of its own success I suppose. It's attrative to TV.

Last edited:
Tough start for the Broncos. They don't get to play a bottom four side until Round 9, and straight after they have to face the defending premiers and travel to NZ.

The Broncos management can't be too happy with the one Sunday home game. Fortunately it's a local derby and should still draw a decent crowd.
We play a bottom four side in round 2

I haven’t even started on how they have butchered the first ever magic round either.

Instead of the broadcaster caring about the fans of the game they’ve decided they couldn’t go without their beloved Thursday night time slot for one week. We could do the magic round properly and have 2 games Friday, 3 on Saturday and 3 on Sunday to make it easier for travelling fans who want to stay the weekend and watch all the games but that sounds like too much common sense for the powers that be.

So the much anticipated ‘Magic Round’ is going to be started off with a stand alone Thursday game between the fucking Titans and Sharks. And if all the energy hasn’t left your body after hearing that the match ups they’ve put on aren’t very inspiring either. Roosters vs Raiders on a Sunday..... probably works better if Sunday was at least a triple header instead of having to play a game on Thursday to appease the broadcaster. This concept works great in England because they play all the games over a 2 day weekend instead of spreading it out over 4 days and play it at a ground that doesn’t host nrl games every fortnight. What’s the bet this flops and the powers that be scrap the idea moving forward all because they have organised the concept to make it hard for it to succeed in the first place?

We play a bottom four side in round 2

Fair shout, I thought they may have skipped over the Bulldogs.

Still, I know who I'd rather play in 2019.

Active Now

• ivanhungryjak
  • Broncorob
  • Brocko
  • HarryAllan7
  • Foordy
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Battler
  • KateBroncos1812
  • IceWorks
  • Hurrijo
  • BroncosAlways
  • The Don
  • mitch222
  • Midean
  • Scorchie
  • pennywisealfie
  • Santa
  • Fitzy
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.