Brisbane Broncos Bench Press

Broncos1995

Broncos1995

BRL Player
Mar 15, 2012
I'm just wondering whether anyone knows how much the players bench. I've noticed Canberra and other clubs have how many kgs their players bench on their websites, but not the Broncos. Does anybody know ? If so like to know.

Brendon Gibb tweeted that Hala pressed 195kg

That stuff is next to meaningless IMO.. There'd be at least six basic movements you'd need players to perform to get a real gauge on who the strongest is.. Or at least who's the strongest in the weights room..

The Broncos tend to keep these kinds of stats private.

The Broncos tend to keep these kinds of stats private.
Do you think there's a reason for that?

Hala benching 195kg is unbelievable, I would be flat out getting 100kg bar off my chest let alone 195kg!

Darren Lockyers book mentions Dave Taylor's prowess in the weights room

That stuff is next to meaningless IMO.. There'd be at least six basic movements you'd need players to perform to get a real gauge on who the strongest is.. Or at least who's the strongest in the weights room..

this is true it also depends on what club your at and what they count. the GC record is 150kg bench press but it is a three rep push to count. Last years Broncos side was the stongest side they have had ever with 15 players benching 150 and over but only one rep.

From memory

hala bench is all time record which beat 175 from thorn
squat record is carl webb 250kgs
current, matt gillet at 200kgs

Brendon Gibb tweeted that Hala pressed 195kg

Doesn't surprise me at all. I had the pleasure of meeting Hala at the XXXX Ale House, the guy is simply massive... really nice guy too by the way. Hope we see alot more of him and Gibb on the field next year both players have big futures in the side IMHO

Active Now

• Aldo
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Cavalo
  • broncoscope
  • lynx000
  • Lazza
  • Johnny92
  • Sproj
  • Shane Tronc
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.