Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Brisbane coach Anthony Seibold is optimistic
about Broncos’ future

Travis Meyn,
The Sunday Mail (Qld)
November 2, 2019 7:00pm

Last edited by a moderator:
Typical stuff from this club: nothing answers and a whole lot of "we've learned our lesson, we promise."

Last edited:
Words, words, words. I'm tired of Seibold's "we reviewed, we have learnt" bullshit. We didnt change how we played from round 1 last year, despite our "reviews".

I hope he is attending a "having difficult conversations with poor performers (and firing them)" course and "how to pull one's head out of their own arse" course whilst there. Otherwise it is all for nought.

It is just another example of the broncos having all the advantages in the world and yielding no tangible benefits.

Last edited:
'Yeah look, I've moved on. Decisions were made, fans were happy, Darius only has three years left and this holiday will result in a lot of false hope...I mean facts.'

So Seibold and our Head Recruiter, Nolan, plus ol' mate the Commercial Manager all in the States at the moment attending their 'professional development' courses and seeking out various other opportunities to enhance their learnings. My question is - who the hell is here trying to find/buy us a halfback! I would have thought that would have been the clubs' first priority, not the head coach and head recruiter prancing around looking to add to their "coaching philosophy". Give me a fucking break.

Seibold - "it's really important to help you grow" and "I consider myself to be a lifelong learner". Well let's just hope you have learnt from your many ****-ups this season coach. And talking about "growing". Hows about growing a spine and telling a couple of players to **** off once and for all.

I wanna give this bloke a chance, I really do. But god I am sick to death of hearing him talk so much shit so often. After every game and even in the off-season, he is still babbling on with his buzz words and managerial speak. He just needs to coach, and do it properly, that's all.

Yeah Seibold, what a deadset fuckwit.

- What kind of a moron brings back Kahu to FULFIL the rest of his existing 3 year contract
- Can’t get rid of a young and vibrant Boyd whose only contracted for another 2 years,
- Clearly can not be trusted to facilitate an easy ass move for a fresh and injury free Bird whose only got 2 years remaining on a sub million dollar contract,
- And Macca, wow can’t even get this one over the line, when ALL these NRLclubs are lining up to take over his contract

And last but not least he can’t even recruit a $400,000 half with ALL the money the club has given him,

Man this bloke hey, hes walked into a side with one of the best long term contracted spines in the comp,

What an absolute dickhead. But ultimately we the fans who always use LOGIC and FACTS know the truth and would NEVER let this truth get in the way of a rationale and agenda driven bitchfest

So Seibold and our Head Recruiter, Nolan, plus ol' mate the Commercial Manager all in the States at the moment attending their 'professional development' courses and seeking out various other opportunities to enhance their learnings. My question is - who the hell is here trying to find/buy us a halfback! I would have thought that would have been the clubs' first priority, not the head coach and head recruiter prancing around looking to add to their "coaching philosophy". Give me a fucking break.

This is why we have a recruitment and retention department which has more than one member.

And it's not like we live in a world that doesn't have technology such as computers and phones to email and call.

Man, a lot of you are having a dig at Seibold. Remember, he came to a club with a roster that needed an overhaul. If he were to come in like Jason Taylor and start sacking everyone and being a dick about it, he would have lost the group. These things take time and I’m glad we have a coach who is willing to learn and grow rather than doing the same thing over and over (like Bennett) and thinking it’s 1993. A rebuild takes time and not everyone is going to be happy, but give it a chance and be patient. I’d rather long term success then short term, and a coach who is willing to invest and grow into the future.

Broncos better show some promising signs in the first half of the season, because if he's planning another rebuilding year, he can **** right off.
The thing is we have an extremely soft open to the season, we’re going to be towards the top of the table after 8-10 rounds but then get smacked with a solid dose of reality and start sliding

What I find odd is we come back for pre season training and the head coach pisses off to the states. I dont have an issue with him going as such, but the timing is a little odd.
[automerge]1572731700[/automerge]
Man, a lot of you are having a dig at Seibold. Remember, he came to a club with a roster that needed an overhaul. If he were to come in like Jason Taylor and start sacking everyone and being a dick about it, he would have lost the group. These things take time and I’m glad we have a coach who is willing to learn and grow rather than doing the same thing over and over (like Bennett) and thinking it’s 1993. A rebuild takes time and not everyone is going to be happy, but give it a chance and be patient. I’d rather long term success then short term, and a coach who is willing to invest and grow into the future.

The squad didn't need an overhaul. It needed tweaking. He could and should have done a lot better than he did. So sick of these excuses for failure, and that's what it is, we failed miserably.

Some of the players weren't performing and the coach kept picking them. It was the coach who picked our most effective hooker at 7. That's all on Seibold. But as I keep saying, clean slate for everyone in 2020. Time to walk the walk.

Last edited:

Active Now

• Sproj
  • bazza
  • heartly87
  • broncoscope
  • bert_lifts
  • Foordy
  • FACTHUNT
  • Jazza
  • Broncorob
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.