NEWS Brisbane coach Anthony Seibold is optimistic about Broncos’ future

Tjhis is true, but if we have another season like the last one with no noticeable improvement in how the team is structured in defence and attack, and no improvement in results, do not be surprised if after a `season review' the new CEO gives him his marching orders.

I always thought he was safe for at least 2 seasons or maybe partway into the third. He must know the clock is ticking though.

absolutely ... there is no guarantees in sport, especially at a club like ours ...

he may have Paul White's and the boards support right now, but a poor start to the season and he could lose it very quickly

No other CEO at any other club is in the media as much as white

Just **** off and make the coach the coach.

If we don't COMFORTABLY make the 8 this year, then I would say Siebs should be put on notice. We've got the talent to do it.

If we're not consistantly making top 4 from 2021 onwards, then I think we should thinking of moving away from Siebs.

Welcome to the Brisbane Broncos. We want success.

p.s Get this goddam Storm hoodoo off our backs too.

it's going to be a long off season for you if you let PR (fluff) media pieces bother you ...

we all know that the board will guarantee someone's job is safe only to terminate them the next time the wind changes.

given the nature of sport and the fact that most players sign for longer than a year, it is rare for a coach to be sacked in his first 2 seasons anyway ... (because he needs to build his team)

I guess I’m just frustrated at the perceived lack of action since the 58-0 finals humiliation and the abomination of season 2019. I get it’s still early days but it seems to be a lot of words and ‘we will do this’ rather than action and day by day I’m losing patience.

Would have liked at least something positive or productive by now to get our hopes up considering the state our club is in.

Instead since the finals exit it looks like:

-We aren’t going to get Croft
-Fifita has been locked up in Bali
-Boyd persisting to play on or seem to take any accountability for his 2019
-Segeyaro getting done for PED’s
-A busted/injured Kahu coming back to get his money when we will unlikely get any value out of him with his injuries.
-The high probability that Boyd and Macca will still be guaranteed a spot in the 17 due to lack of depth.
-Players ‘supposedly’ being put on notice at seasons end when this should have been happening week to week.

Gillett retiring and going out with some self respect and dignity I guess is a positive and the resigning of Staggs and Oates. But outside of that there is nothing that is fulfilling me with any confidence going into 2020 except for maybe some selfish pricks might actually pull their fingers out now that they are coming off contract.

Active Now

• RolledOates
  • Fozz
  • Financeguy
  • KateBroncos1812
  • GCBRONCO
  • leon.bott
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.