NEWS Brisbane hire Matty Johns to help end their premiership drought

Was just thinking the same thing! But I'm sure they are getting support from Alf and Locky. And the more help the better I suppose. Its good hearing about how much effort is being put into these 2.
Actually I think the support for Milford is all that Siebold is concerned with. I believe Knik is right on the precipice and unless he starts well he will be gone by mid season. By gone I mean back to the bench and hoping he fits needs according to the strengths and weaknesses of that weeks competition. I forecast he will be playing ISC at times this season. It's just a few things I've noticed, media reports, actions by Siebs and the glowing reports about Kniks understudy that prompt me to write this. Don't mind being wrong though.

Actually I think the support for Milford is all that Siebold is concerned with. I believe Knik is right on the precipice and unless he starts well he will be gone by mid season. By gone I mean back to the bench and hoping he fits needs according to the strengths and weaknesses of that weeks competition. I forecast he will be playing ISC at times this season. It's just a few things I've noticed, media reports, actions by Siebs and the glowing reports about Kniks understudy that prompt me to write this. Don't mind being wrong though.
I reckon you're right. I hope Niko fires, but if he doesn't I don't think Seibs will **** about.

This is good.
I did hear whispers this was happening, but thought it was odd the media hadn’t really put an article together on it. Johns is a very good head with the little tactical things in the game. I think this will be great for both Milf and Niko.
I’m liking how Seibs has really taken these guys out of their comfort zones, and to some degree is laying down his expectations on our attacking men. I doubt he will be taking too many excuses from the boys this year, although I do believe we will need to be patient in waiting for the absolute best out of the boys.

It seems as if no stone is being left un-turned when in recent years it has been. Kicking isn’t up to scratch? Righto, off to AFL coaches to learn to kick properly. Halves playing isn’t as strong as it could be? Righto, Matty Johns can you help? Fitness isn’t as great as it could be? Righto, new high performance coach and training methods, showing measurable improvements. No-one is guaranteed a spot no matter who you are, rather than permanent spots being handed on a platter to certain individuals...

Why none of this seemed to occur under Wayne is baffling, but we’ve all been calling for it for years, so hopefully injuries don’t curse us and we have a strong year because of it.

Last edited:
Remember that Milf knocked back getting coaching from Locky

Yeah well that’s fine if you are dominating as a half. You’re not? Well guess what, you’re not knocking back anything. Eff’ing do it like this. No excuses...

We needed a change and change is here. It has arrived. I hope this sparks the club and the team to more success. Just making the 8 or the finals isn't cutting it anymore. It's premiership or bust, I hate putting that pressure out there but it's the truth. No more fucking around. No more mediocrity. 13 years without a premiership is unacceptable. Bring on 2019!

Ever noticed we have a really successful season when we defeat Melbourne? 2006, premiers by defeating Melbourne and we believed we could win the title by losing (but really winning mentally) to Melbourne. 2015, we were true premiership contenders once we beat Melbourne in Melbourne in that close game where we defended set after set after set. 2008, semi, let's not go over this game but we had Melbourne beat, it was a premiership lost.

So, what I'm saying is, going by the trend, if we can somehow beat Melbourne in rd 1, I'm guessing we'll have a pretty great season. Fingers crossed.

Ever noticed we have a really successful season when we defeat Melbourne? 2006, premiers by defeating Melbourne and we believed we could win the title by losing (but really winning mentally) to Melbourne. 2015, we were true premiership contenders once we beat Melbourne in Melbourne in that close game where we defended set after set after set. 2008, semi, let's not go over this game but we had Melbourne beat, it was a premiership lost.

So, what I'm saying is, going by the trend, if we can somehow beat Melbourne in rd 1, I'm guessing we'll have a pretty great season. Fingers crossed.
100%

Yes but that is mostly because Melbourne have been the bench mark team for 10 years. If you can beat them than you are a real contender for the title.

Except in 2010, then it's merely a consolation prize for a year of disappointment and frustration.

Except in 2010, then it's merely a consolation prize for a year of disappointment and frustration.

Or 2003 when the two highest points of the season were the return to lang park(and that is ignoring the inability to win home games there and the many injuries) and Scott Minto's match winning try against the Storm.

I wouldn't consider 2003 since Melbourne wouldn't become the benchmark in 2003.

Similarly the salary cap drama could render the 2010 result null and void. However, 2009 and 2016 show that beating Melbourne isn't all that it's cracked up to be either.

I wouldn't consider 2003 since Melbourne wouldn't become the benchmark in 2003.

Similarly the salary cap drama could render the 2010 result null and void. However, 2009 and 2016 show that beating Melbourne isn't all that it's cracked up to be either.

I think you make some excellent points there Big Pete that said I wasn't really making them out to be a benchmark side of 2003, rather I view the Storm as a side that have frequently troubled the Broncos regardless of their status on the ladder since their introduction into competition.

Could have fooled me, I thought it was just another excuse to name-drop the myth himself.

Could have fooled me, I thought it was just another excuse to name-drop the myth himself.

Not really mate, in a rather forgettable season of 2003 where the "myth" stands as one of the few highlights is ironically a season where we hold a better win record against the Storm then our past two premiership winning seasons combined. Doesn't mean I suddenly rate 2003 highly because we had more success against the Storm.

Last edited:
Wouldn't it make more sense that one man (Johns) flies up here, instead of 5 men....flying down to NTLE?

It's probably more about getting them out of their comfort zones than anything else. Flying down there and training somewhere other than the Bronco's facilities would be good for them.

Unread

Active Now

• Hurrijo
  • Morkel
  • Broncosgirl
  • KateBroncos1812
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.