NEWS Brisbane legend Gary Belcher: Darius Boyd should switch to centre

I was literally just thinking about this and you have taken the words out of my mouth. Roughy’s dropping was handled with far more class than this debacle with Boyd has become as well.

I mean does Boyd have ANY Broncos fan actually supporting him?
[automerge]1565662415[/automerge]

That backline didn’t look quite as dysfunctional with Turps in Dearden in it, just goes to show how important he spine is.
Yet turpin is still in it and it's still dysfunctional.

Yet turpin is still in it and it's still dysfunctional.

I don’t really feel I need to respond, I think the point I was making was fairly self-explanatory. I like to give other posters intelligence credit that they don’t need me to spell out everything for them.

Not trying to start a blame Bennett thing here but going on the last 2 seasons maybe he should have got the tap last year. Kinda odd that the bloke we credit the most with knowing when to tap players has allowed this shit to happen to the one he probably cares about the most. I think he has done him a disservice and it's up to Seibold now.

Anyone put out by the headline? I thought Crash was above that. The guy hasnt played a single game at our club yet calls him a Brisbane legend? Its a long bow to somehow draw a paralell with Souths Magpies.
Im not one for conspiracy but is this some kind of news corp agenda to do the rounds and get commentary form anyone in the hope Darius reads just one story and ends up walking away? If so they should just contact BHQ. :)

It was the BRL he is a great of the game in Brisbane. It gets used all the time, Mal picked his top five Brisbane players of the 70’s last week.

there is precedent....i still remember when the club moved the Walker boys on...and Costigan for that matter....

plus im sure there are many more examples but i distinctly remember those i think because they weren't football related..

Last edited:
As a part-time Hawthorn fan, it has been interesting to compare how they have handled the transition of Jarryd Roughead (who is arguably a FAR superior legend of the club than Boyd at the Broncos). He's been given the "leadership and mentoring" role in the lower grades and when injuries to the top grade have happened they've brought him back up. They're also giving him the honour of a farewell game against the lowly Suns.

He's handled himself with dignity and hasn't tarnished his legacy one bit.

On the other hand, you have darius boyd......
Uummm, what's a Hawthorn?
😉

I feel Boyd is just delusional. I watched a clip with Thurston after the Cowboys. The guy says he is calling the shots. What shots exactly.
Saw that interview as well and it definitely sounded like he was part of the coaching setup.
Him (not Seibold) flat out said the other younger halves won't be risked in the coming games.

Seibold will not drop Boyd, they have both probably have come to an understanding where Boyd is in the dual role of captain and on field coach. A somewhat poorer version of the Bellamy-Smith understanding.

GOD help us!!

I don’t really feel I need to respond, I think the point I was making was fairly self-explanatory. I like to give other posters intelligence credit that they don’t need me to spell out everything for them.
Yet you did , obviously not as intelligent as you think you are.

Not trying to start a blame Bennett thing here but going on the last 2 seasons maybe he should have got the tap last year. Kinda odd that the bloke we credit the most with knowing when to tap players has allowed this shit to happen to the one he probably cares about the most. I think he has done him a disservice and it's up to Seibold now.

Tbf while he wasn't great last year he wasn't as bad as this year.

Active Now

• Galah
  • bazza
  • MrTickyMcG
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Broncosgirl
  • Xzei
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Painin the Haas
  • Tim K
  • Organix
  • Mr Fourex
  • winslow_wong
  • LittleDavey
  • Johnny92
  • kman
  • I bleed Maroon
  • mystico
  • Porthoz
  • BroncosAlways
  • Foordy
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.