Brisbane Lions 2010 season (incl spoilers)

Jeba

Jeba

International
Mar 4, 2008
Very hopeful that the Lions can make a big charge this year. It'll come down to the midfield I think, Brown and Fev just need good ball and we will get plenty of goals.

Currently in the first quarter against West Coast and the kicking has been way off the mark and we're down by 8.

Absolutely woeful kicking by both teams at the moment.

Well the Lions put the woeful kicking behind them in the last quarter and seriously Jonathan Brown is a God!!!!!!!!!! Great finish to the match from the Lions, 7 goals in the last quarter to win 114-82.

As well as Brown, I thought Fevola had a good debut in Lions colours despite spraying a few, and Brennan was fantastic. Merritt was great at the back too.

Bring on the blues!!!!

Lions were pretty rusty but really toughed it out to win with 1 fit guy left on the bench for a whole quarter. A few injury concerns for next week hopefully the Lions have the depth to beat the blues. Vossy needs to get more out of his midfield they get killed in the clearances way to often.

I don't really like the Lions much at all, but I'm hoping that Fev has a good season with you guys.

3-0 the Lions are looking the goods. They will struggle next week at the Gabba against the doggies with a fair few players out with injury or suspension.

I give them a hope against the Bulldogs. The best thing really is that Brown and Fev still have a bit of improvement with their combination so once they figure it out they will be unstoppable with good ball from the midfield.

They are a chance against the doggies but if Clark and Mcgrath are rubbed out and Black out injured it is a touch ask. Lions need to be in the game in the last quarter to give themselves hope later on in the season.

Given Brown and Fev's form at the moment, I'd say the Lions are a big chance of outclassing the dogs. If Brown fires, they win, if he doesn't and Fev doesn't either and also given that Blacks in doubt, the Dogs win, as simple as that.

You need someone to mind Hall and Aker aswell. The type like Merrett should do the trick.

That's exactly what happened in the Eagles and Roos match- Eagles didn't put anyone on Harvey and he ended up getting 40+ possessions.

But If i was putting money on anyone, I'd put it on Lions.

The Lions had a very very good win against the Doggies last night. I thought they might just lose without Black but they were unreal. A real shot at the Premiership if everything goes to plan.

Yes a great comeback after looking gone at halftime. The paddlepop lion Travis Johnstone had his best game in his career IMO. The Fev is starting to look like the game's most feared full forward again.

What's better is that two of their best players, Brown and Power, had shockers last night. If they performed at their best and the rest of the team performed like they did last night the Lions could seriously beat anyone!!!

And Josh Drummond is a gun icon_thumbs_u

Drummond is superb the best left foot kick you are ever likely to see. Was good to see Fevola get going for the Lions. I love the red head Banfield he is lightning quick and has plenty of talent.

Bravo Lions [eusa_clap.gi Enjoy it while you can because when my team, the Roos get going, their going to be hard to beat. They've had a slow start, only 1 win but they'll bounce back. Drew petries still to come back, Wellsy's yet to find his best form and Their still to debut their 1st round draft pick Ben Cunnington.
[icon_evillaugh [icon_evillaugh [icon_evillaugh [icon_evillaugh [icon_evillaugh [icon_evillaugh

Lol the Roos are a few years of competing with the Lions mate.

Bucking Beads said:
Relax, they have one of the youngest midfields in the competition- Ziebell, Bastinac, Anthony, Swallow etc, watch out in a few years though. When these guys get a few more seasons experience, they'll be a force to be reckoned with. Much like the Cats of today.

Hatchy said:
Bucking Beads said:
Relax, they have one of the youngest midfields in the competition- Ziebell, Bastinac, Anthony, Swallow etc, watch out in a few years though. When these guys get a few more seasons experience, they'll be a force to be reckoned with. Much like the Cats of today.

Thats what I mean it will take them a while to get to where they need to be IMO. Very good youngsters though. Just really need a few key position players to stand up IMO.

Bucking Beads said:
Hatchy said:
[quote="Bucking Beads":md8xgoix]Lol the Roos are a few years of competing with the Lions mate.

Thats what I mean it will take them a while to get to where they need to be IMO. Very good youngsters though. Just really need a few key position players to stand up IMO.[/quote:md8xgoix]
"Boomer" Harveys been good, Daniel Wells when he gets to his best form is scintillating and Drew petrie was their leading goal kicker last season. Just wait when he comes back from his injury.

Lions v melbourne this week @ MCG. My moneys on the lions but wouldn't eliminate an upset this week. Browny was s*** last week. 2 goals and 4 behinds wasn't it? Fev was better but not as good as recent weeks. Melbourne are on fire (About bloody time) Should be a pretty good contest.

If Browny gets back to his best form this week I'd say Lions by 50+ but if he doesn't should be lions in a pretty tight contest.

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • Redux
  • Harry Sack
  • bazza
  • Spoon
  • Johnny92
  • Galah
  • winslow_wong
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.