Brisbane re-sign Payne Hass on lucrative six-year deal

Apparently Haas was very close to signing with Melbourne and they thought they had him signed, sealed and delivered.

https://www.triplem.com.au/sport/nr...t-they-had-payne-haas-signed-sealed-delivered

If it's true, then I fucking love it. A big **** you to the Storm.
Not sure how they could think that given we had him locked down till end of 2020 at least... or was the article written Nov 1 2019 and brought back in time to save the Broncos future

**** you storm *****!!!

Apparently Haas was very close to signing with Melbourne and they thought they had him signed, sealed and delivered.

https://www.triplem.com.au/sport/nr...t-they-had-payne-haas-signed-sealed-delivered

If it's true, then I fucking love it. A big **** you to the Storm.

"B-b-but Wayne has no pull in the modern game!" Lol @ the media trying to talk him down now, props that look as good as he does at his age are rarer than backs that burst onto the scene. There's a dearth of props in the game in general at the minute, and we could very well have three of the best young talents coming through (Lodge, Haas, and TPJ).

Last edited:
Not sure how they could think that given we had him locked down till end of 2020 at least... or was the article written Nov 1 2019 and brought back in time to save the Broncos future

**** you storm *****!!!

It was before we even had signed him in 2016 , he was going to the storm but chose us instead.

It was before we even had signed him in 2016 , he was going to the storm but chose us instead.
TBH I tried to read it triple m threw ads in front of me and I couldn't be fucked... I feel my point still stands.

**** you storm *****!!!

"B-b-but Wayne has no pull in the modern game!" Lol @ the media trying to talk him down now, props that look as good as he does at his age are rarer than backs that burst onto the scene. There's a dearth of props in the game in general at the minute, and we could very well have three of the best young talents coming through (Lodge, Haas, and TPJ).

I'm going to stick my neck out and say Carrigan will have better careers than all of them.

The side is starting to look really good, but we still need a new hooker. I don't give a stuff what the Macca cheerleaders say about it. He's not a good hooker.

But he's the qld hooker and makes so many important tackles... he's slowly improving with every game. give him some time mate, he's only in his 10th year. Most players don't peak until their 11th. Most importantly though he tries really really hard every game.

But he's the qld hooker and makes so many important tackles... he's slowly improving with every game. give him some time mate, he's only in his 10th year. Most players don't peak until their 11th. Most importantly though he tries really really hard every game.

You are obviously mocking Mccullough here, but why have you put it in the Payne Haas re-signing thread?

The thing I like about these young guys so far is they all seem to have awesome attitudes. Haas, staggs, fifita jnr, sua, ofa, TPJ, isaako... even knik, for all his short comings, has a great attitude. They could have great talent but with a poor attitude they may never reach their full potential. A great attitude at least gives them the best chance. Hearing them in interviews or stories about their up bringing it seems they all want to improve themselves on and off the field, and not just compete but win things...

How is Carrigan compared to Arrow?

Carrigan is a future Broncos' captain. Impressive in every way.

He's played prop, bench, lock and back row for Wynnum and done anything asked in a massively struggling side which impressed me more. I have watched every ISC game he's played and he has done it right from the start. He's been the most impressive Bronco this year in the ISC.

Same as Arrow in his worth ethic and his off field impressive nature on the field not dissimilar at a similar ISC stage of their career. He's probably a bit more adaptable than Arrow and more versatile in the roles he can fill.

Queensland U20's side he did it right the whole week even down to his speech at the end.

Carrigan is a future Broncos' captain. Impressive in every way.

He's played prop, bench, lock and back row for Wynnum and done anything asked in a massively struggling side which impressed me more. I have watched every ISC game he's played and he has done it right from the start. He's been the most impressive Bronco this year in the ISC.

Same as Arrow in his worth ethic and his off field impressive nature on the field not dissimilar at a similar ISC stage of their career. He's probably a bit more adaptable than Arrow and more versatile in the roles he can fill.

Queensland U20's side he did it right the whole week even down to his speech at the end.
We've obviously heard and seen a lot about the other young Broncs coming through but not much about this guy. Where is he at in terms of pecking order amongst the other young blokes, whether he'll get some time in the NRL soon (maybe in a rotation with some of the other young guys) and where the Broncos see/rate him moving forward?

Sounds like a real prospect from what you guys have been saying on here. I'd hate to see him move on if he is as good as you say he is.

Active Now

• TwoLeftFeet
  • Socnorb
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Fitzy
  • Financeguy
  • Alec
  • Bongo
  • pennywisealfie
  • Manofoneway
  • Aldo
  • Wolfie
  • Harry Sack
  • NSW stables
  • Jazza
  • Justwin
  • Broncosgirl
  • Xzei
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Lurker
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.