NEWS Brisbane season by the numbers

Wins are the only numbers that matter..
2015 [17-7]
2016 [15-9]
2017 [16-8]
2018 [15-9]
2019 [11-12-1]

Wayne Bennett is gone now, so hopefully a year was enough to beat that out of them

Would have thought seibolds modern approach would have had more of an effect than to get hammered by 58 points at the end of the season

It's hard to put a positive spin on much of that.

That's coming from a guy who normally finds it easy to twist the numbers to paint whatever story he wants.

I do it all the time lol!

Wayne Bennett and Anthony Seibold. A scoreless draw at the moment. The Broncos never progressed in the finals and neither did Souths.

I'd still lean towards us having a worse year than last season.

With no progression, what was all that coaching swap nonsense for? I don't buy the myth that Bennett is just a good manager and not good tactically.

I'm still not seeing how Seibold was an improvement.

Yes we are changing the culture - whether it's a change for better or worse remains to be seen.

As Adam Lucius hilariously wrote:

"The word out of Brisbane long before the Parramatta flogging was not every Bronco has been buying into what Seibold’s selling.

Training sessions doubled in time on Seibold’s watch, whereas Bennett worked to the ‘less is more mantra’.

Seibold wanted players to bring notepads to training.

Bennett told the Rabbitohs to throw theirs in the recycle bin when he arrived at Redfern.

Seibold’s little barbs at players through the media were said to go down like warm XXXX.

Brisbane stumbled into the eight despite losing more games than they won and exited with the meekest surrender in finals history."

That first point was echoed by Paul Vautin on 100% Footy after the Eels debacle. It looked to him as well that the players aren't buying in to what the coach wants.

The good news is it looks like Seibold will quickly work out the players who have the aptitude to be part of a new era for the Broncos. He will also be given time to assemble the team he wants.

I read somewhere that only four players still remain from when Ricky Stuart took over coaching the Raiders in 2014.

One of the challenges going forward is managing expectations. Anger and frustration in the fanbase are at an all-time high. For a club with our resources, it is embarassing that we find oursleves in the position we are in so it is understandable to an extent.

Interesting times ahead!

It's hard to put a positive spin on much of that.

That's coming from a guy who normally finds it easy to twist the numbers to paint whatever story he wants.

I do it all the time lol!

Wayne Bennett and Anthony Seibold. A scoreless draw at the moment. The Broncos never progressed in the finals and neither did Souths.

I'd still lean towards us having a worse year than last season.

With no progression, what was all that coaching swap nonsense for? I don't buy the myth that Bennett is just a good manager and not good tactically.

I'm still not seeing how Seibold was an improvement.

Yes we are changing the culture - whether it's a change for better or worse remains to be seen.

As Adam Lucius hilariously wrote:

"The word out of Brisbane long before the Parramatta flogging was not every Bronco has been buying into what Seibold’s selling.

Training sessions doubled in time on Seibold’s watch, whereas Bennett worked to the ‘less is more mantra’.

Seibold wanted players to bring notepads to training.

Bennett told the Rabbitohs to throw theirs in the recycle bin when he arrived at Redfern.

Seibold’s little barbs at players through the media were said to go down like warm XXXX.

Brisbane stumbled into the eight despite losing more games than they won and exited with the meekest surrender in finals history."

That first point was echoed by Paul Vautin on 100% Footy after the Eels debacle. It looked to him as well that the players aren't buying in to what the coach wants.

The good news is it looks like Seibold will quickly work out the players who have the aptitude to be part of a new era for the Broncos. He will also be given time to assemble the team he wants.

I read somewhere that only four players still remain from when Ricky Stuart took over coaching the Raiders in 2014.

One of the challenges going forward is managing expectations. Anger and frustration in the fanbase are at an all-time high. For a club with our resources, it is embarassing that we find oursleves in the position we are in so it is understandable to an extent.

Interesting times ahead!
Really really good post, very fair and balanced.

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Broncorob
  • Painin the Haas
  • Santa
  • BooKhaki
  • I bleed Maroon
  • bazza
  • Xzei
  • Allo
  • levikaden
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • The Don
  • westy316
  • broncs30
  • Midean
  • LittleDavey
  • Foordy
  • Jazza
  • Hoof Hearted
... and 12 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.