Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Brisbane to unveil Kia as new shirt sponsor
for 2020 NRL season

Chris Honnery,
The Courier-Mail
October 29, 2019 8:00pm

Last edited by a moderator:
Just give us some actual good and hopefully timeless ads like NRMA did.

The black actually doesn't look all that bad.

Also that isn't the 2020 home jersey, is it?

The black actually doesn't look all that bad.

Also that isn't the 2020 home jersey, is it?

But seriously, Jake Turpin as the model? I guess if the kit can look ok on him, it can look ok on anyone...but that 2019 kit does not look good on anyone unfortunately.

Is that Turpin or Moe Howard?

Bloke seriously needs to rethink the do.

But seriously, Jake Turpin as the model? I guess if the kit can look ok on him, it can look ok on anyone...but that 2019 kit does not look good on anyone unfortunately.

It concerns me that they went to the trouble of printing the Kia logo on that jersey instead of waiting to unveil the new one for next year. It suggests that even the fugly jersey isn't going anywhere.

Last edited:
View attachment 6509
Is that Turpin or Moe Howard?

Bloke seriously needs to rethink the do.

it’s where he gets his power from

side note: I’m loving how much Turps is featuring in promo stuff for next season. This announcement and the half-silhouette on the draw reveal. Shows (to me) he’ll be a prominent fixture in the side. Dearden too

I loved Turp's turn in Dumb and Dumber.

67d0e9850b507ef2a23996e2de90ecc0

As sad as it is, that's actually disrespectful to the Jim Carey haircut, Turpin is sporting the bowl cult AND receding hairline combo, truly a remarkable achievement.

You know things are rough when Turpin is the guy we roll out to show off a new major sponsor.

Wished it was Fifita coinciding with a new 5 yr extension.

Maybe they will now be able to throw in a couple of cars for him and his mother as a sweetener to close a deal with him.

it’s where he gets his power from

side note: I’m loving how much Turps is featuring in promo stuff for next season. This announcement and the half-silhouette on the draw reveal. Shows (to me) he’ll be a prominent fixture in the side. Dearden too

Make sense. He is our halfback, after all.

Last edited:
We laugh at his hair now, but this time next year all the kids are gonna be rocking that style.

Maybe they will now be able to throw in a couple of cars for him and his mother as a sweetener to close a deal with him.
As our new major sponsor they're now also basically the only car manufacturer who specifically cannot give him a new car for free.

Last edited:

It's perfect for Kia. Does the job, is reliable, and doesn't cost the earth.

Active Now

• BroncoFan94
  • winslow_wong
  • Allo
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Johnny92
  • Bucking Beads
  • bb_gun
  • Financeguy
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Broncos Maestro
  • Dash
  • Santa
  • cento
  • Lurker
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Fatboy
  • Jazza
  • broncos4life
  • matthewransom34@ic
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.