Brisbane vs Wigan World Club Challenge Tournament 1997

That Langer/Lockyer try effort was great, never seen a player with a short kicking/grubber game better then Langer. Love the punchup with Gordy and Terry.

You just watch Locky, Walters and Langer in action, you think it's all shutdown but they just had such ability to create something from absolute nothing.

The Super League balls were like current rugby balls. Bounce very unpredictable.

That Langer/Lockyer try effort was great, never seen a player with a short kicking/grubber game better then Langer. Love the punchup with Gordy and Terry.
Like Ben Ross years later, he must have thought he was surrounded - like a piston hitting him in the face.

Wonderful to watch. Loved the memories that came up from watching this Broncos team play. Nan was a pom but she loved the Broncos to death, they could do no wrong. Thanks for posting.

Tallis what an absolute beast he was. It be great to have a forward like that in our team.

Thanks heaps for posting. I didn't get to watch this live at the time so this was actually the first time I've ever seen this game.

I still reckon our 97 side was our strongest ever. Would have loved to see them play Newie at the end of that year.

This game had about 30,000 less fans than the '94 clash, fans walked away from the game in '97. The '94 encounter was the best atmosphere I have ever encountered at a Bronco home game, ANZ went mad that night despite Wigan being victorious. The atmosphere was only second to a playoff game in Townsville in 2004 in which the Cowboys defeated Bris 10-0. The stadium was lifted off it's rafters that night. Obviously I was shattered but I have never seen the sort of emotion displayed that night amongst RL fans. It was a great experience.

This game had about 30,000 less fans than the '94 clash, fans walked away from the game in '97. The '94 encounter was the best atmosphere I have ever encountered at a Bronco home game, ANZ went mad that night despite Wigan being victorious. The atmosphere was only second to a playoff game in Townsville in 2004 in which the Cowboys defeated Bris 10-0. The stadium was lifted off it's rafters that night. Obviously I was shattered but I have never seen the sort of emotion displayed that night amongst RL fans. It was a great experience.

Yeah the game was supposed to be in Sydney but the Broncos agreed for the game to be played in Townsville. Backfired on them.

Unread

Active Now

• lynx000
  • Locky24
  • Skyblues87
  • Griffo
  • Hoof Hearted
  • pennywisealfie
  • Elcapitano20
  • Santa
  • Lazza
  • broncsgoat
  • UP DA BRIZZY BRONX
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Scorchie
  • barker
  • Culhwch
  • Xzei
  • Manofoneway
  • Waynesaurus
  • MrMoore
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.