NEWS Brodie Croft off

I think players on the attacking side would purposely spoil and play at kicks to create loose ball chances.

Attackers already run through and throw their hand across the fullback/winger's face in attempt to throw then off... now imagine they can come in and legally deflect the ball forward, but they also have 5 of their kick chase mates ready to pounce on it.

NRL players aren`t generally trying to charge down kicks .
If they were there are more effective ways to smother kicks . Steve Price was the last great charge down merchant I can remember .

NRL players aren`t generally trying to charge down kicks .
If they were there are more effective ways to smother kicks . Steve Price was the last great charge down merchant I can remember .
I was talking about contests on kicks between the kick chase and defender (ie. a fullback defusing a bomb), and the proposal to do away with knock ons when there's a contest between attack and defence.

It was something flagged by Vlando (last year maybe??), because of the time wasted by the vid ref to determine whose finger it came off, but if it's brought in I can quickly see areas that coaches would exploit on it.

I think it's just another example of an extra rule being created because the vid ref is incorrectly applying an existing rule (surprise surprise)... I believe in the case of the video ref reviewing tries they are only meant to overturn a decision if there is clear evidence to do so... them spending 5 minutes to check something frame by frame for a finger nail would suggest that there isn't clear evidence to overturn the ref's decision.

Active Now

• Bucking Beads
  • Manofoneway
  • azza.79
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Sproj
  • Swordfish
  • ChewThePhatt
  • GCBRONCO
  • BruiserMk1
  • Skathen
  • Santa
  • Xzei
  • Griffo
  • BroncosAlways
  • Dash
  • Financeguy
  • Broncorob
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Brocko
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.