NEWS Brodie Croft off

I'm puzzled by Asiata though. Is it injury? because the few outings he has had, i liked. As a ball playing 13 in a weak spine.
I just think the injuries are too much of a risk.

He wouldn't have been on a huge contract, but he still would've been on the kind of contract that you'd expect him to be in the 17 every week... Instead he got a neck injury in Rd 1 and then another neck injury later in the year when he made his way back into the team.

It will be interesting to see what happens with him next year... there mightn't be anyone willing to take a risk on him given his injuries this year.

If he doesn't get an NRL or ESL gig he might end up in ISC and could be a consideration for a train and trial deal later next year... he could also head back to NSW and play ISC down there in the hope of getting a gig

All the best Brodie, you tried.

Fail The Simpsons GIF

Be a good fit for Super League probably. Could never fault his effort. Probably go over there and win man of steel 🙃

I will be interested to see what figure the media concoct for the part of his salary we're paying
The one someone at the club leaks to them. What is your estimate?

Great result. One less wasted top 30 spot and hopefully some decent coin back from that ridiculous $450k contract next year.

Outs:
Lodge
TPJ
Croft
Copley
Asiata
Glenn
Teo
Dearden
Coates
Levi
Milford

In:
Reynolds
Capewell
Jensen
Lee
Periera
Walters

A third of this years squad is gone for 2022. That’s beautiful. I wonder if any further signings were waiting for this to go through? Might see Ryan James or someone announced before the off season.
Yep and I think we'll be looking at some big signings for 23 and maybe push for a release .

I'm puzzled by Asiata though. Is it injury? because the few outings he has had, i liked. As a ball playing 13 in a weak spine.
Probably partly. I was probably the biggest fan of the Asiata signing on here but he was a pretty big disappointment. He really struggled in defence and often looked like he was struggling to keep up with the speed of the game. Often left lying on his back after making a tackle or scrambling wildly to make a sloppy tackle. Looked completely out of his depth defensively - like a guy who was too gassed and struggling to keep up the work rate, or a guy who just didn’t have the technique but was trying his best.

All the best Brodie. You certainly do give it all.
How good is having effective management, finally!
Again, congrats to DD & Ikin on working out a deal here.
2 more to go imo: Isaako & Glenn.
Surely we can offload Isaako to the Tigers or Titans.
And hopefully Glenn retires.

Probably partly. I was probably the biggest fan of the Asiata signing on here but he was a pretty big disappointment. He really struggled in defence and often looked like he was struggling to keep up with the speed of the game. Often left lying on his back after making a tackle or scrambling wildly to make a sloppy tackle. Looked completely out of his depth defensively - like a guy who was too gassed and struggling to keep up the work rate, or a guy who just didn’t have the technique but was trying his best.
He didn't seem to be fit to me......

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Xzei
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.