NEWS Brodie Croft off

echoing others, you could never fault his work ethic. he desperately tried to make it work but just couldn't do it. maybe tried too hard.

i think @Big Pete's description of him being late to an appointment is an accurate one. too rushed, too willing, too frantic. all the characteristics of trying too hard rather than playing his natural game.

echoing others, you could never fault his work ethic. he desperately tried to make it work but just couldn't do it. maybe tried too hard.

i think @Big Pete's description of him being late to an appointment is an accurate one. too rushed, too willing, too frantic. all the characteristics of trying too hard rather than playing his natural game.
I'm sad to see him go, but he did have to go. Sorry it didn't work out:

The laughing one week, crying the next episode never sat well with me. He did have a go, but don't we all?

The greatest living poet on his home town, Salford:

The rats have all got rickets
They spit through broken teeth

Brodie:

“At the end of the day, I knew Adam Reynolds was coming here and a fresh beginning was probably the best option for me,. I was hurt by it, but at the end of the day it‘s a business in the NRL and I could understand why they wanted to sign Adam. They had to do what they had to do and, essentially, I have to do what I have to do."

“When they signed Adam, Kevvie gave me a ring before the news came out. I respect him for telling me the truth, he was always been up front with me in regards to where the club is going and where I stand. It was a tough pill to swallow when they did sign him, knowing he will be the halfback next year. But there‘s no hard feelings, I wish Adam and the Broncos all the best next year.”

“It does hurt me that I wasn’t able to make it work. I‘m disappointed because I felt I could be the answer for the club at halfback. When I first came here, I was really excited about the prospect. I felt I could bring something to the club and I wouldn’t have moved from Melbourne if I didn’t think I could succeed."

“I can’t really pinpoint where it went downhill for me. I have still been training as hard as I can, I couldn’t have trained any harder and at no stage did I give up. I know I gave the Broncos 100 per cent every time and, unfortunately, I didn’t get the results on the field. But for whatever reason it hasn‘t worked out for me."

“The last two years has been really tough, not only on myself but the club as well. If someone knew what the problem was, they would have fixed it straight away. Unfortunately we still don‘t know what the problem is."

“I learnt a lot about myself in the last two years. The captaincy is something I will always treasure. I feel I thrive on leadership and I like to run the show and call the shots. It was a challenge and I will cherish the times I captained the Broncos.”

“I don‘t really know why I was dropped this week. It’s probably a question for Kevvie. I spoke to Kevvie throughout the year about where I stood. We had some clear chats with regards to my future. He didn‘t want to kick me out, he said he would honour my contract and that if I wanted to fight it out for the halfback spot, they were more than happy to accommodate that."

“It hit me a few weeks ago when my manager first spoke to me about potentially moving for next year. I had another 12 months on my contract at Brisbane and I was happy here, but I knew deep down it wasn‘t going to end well."

“Salford were really thorough with their intentions. It‘s a move that’s in the best interest for myself and my family. It’s only 20 minutes from Manchester and my partner Safina is really excited about living there as she is from the UK."

“I certainly believe I‘m up to NRL standard. I would never doubt my ability or what I am capable of on a football field. Just because it hasn‘t worked out consistently at the Broncos, I wouldn’t say it’s been all doom and gloom."

“I‘ve had some good moments here but I don’t think it’s the end of my NRL career. I still believe I have more to offer in the NRL and maybe one day I can come back. I want to go over and enjoy my football in England and you never know, the chance might open up again for me in the NRL. I would love to play another game for the Brisbane Broncos. Every time I‘ve run onto Suncorp Stadium it’s given me goosebumps ... I’ve never taken the Broncos jersey lightly.”

McHunt

I feel sorry for him, really. Imagine going from playing in a spine of Slater, Munster and Smith and ending up with Boyd/Isaako, Milford and Macca/Turpin.

Poor guy.

Wish you all the best Brodie, but if you don't know why you've been dropped, then there isn't much left to say. Seems like a decent bloke but just very limited as an NRL half.

I think the new rules really hurt his game. Seems to be a much more structured half, where as this is the kind of environment where adlib, off the cuff halves are playing well.

He tried his guts out. In this case im happy to call it a bungle of the Broncos mess. Give him a steady roster and confidence in the starting side around him he would have done better. Not good enough to turn a tide, but has the future ability to cool his head and be a good manager.

He is such a likeable bloke ... it's a shame we repeated our mistakes with him, but trying to use him as a game managing halfback.

those mistakes stopped when we signed a proven game managing halfback, who Croft would probably go pretty well along side.

a fresh start is probably best for both parties, best of luck to him in the ESL

He is such a likeable bloke ... it's a shame we repeated our mistakes with him, but trying to use him as a game managing halfback.

those mistakes stopped when we signed a proven game managing halfback, who Croft would probably go pretty well along side.

a fresh start is probably best for both parties, best of luck to him in the ESL
This may be the case in attack but his defence and defensive reads are shocking too. No coincidence our right defence improved significantly when he was moved and then our left got worse when he popped up over there.

Unread

Active Now

• Brocko
  • Mr Fourex
  • marw
  • LittleDavey
  • Tim K
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Aldo
  • Nerd
  • Foordy
  • Organix
  • Harry Sack
  • big k
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Morkel
  • winslow_wong
  • Midean
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • BroncosAlways
  • Jazza
  • ivanhungryjak
... and 26 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.