NEWS Brodie Croft off

All in all he seemed to have a pretty good game from those highlights.

Super League really is Rugby League Purgatory isn't it. You go over to the shittiest climate imaginable, in the most drab, boring country imaginable, on less money to play for some nuffies that are lucky to draw 10k crowds on a good day and have to stare at the possibility of relegation every bad season they have.

Super League really is Rugby League Purgatory isn't it. You go over to the shittiest climate imaginable, in the most drab, boring country imaginable, on less money to play for some nuffies that are lucky to draw 10k crowds on a good day and have to stare at the possibility of relegation every bad season they have.
I take it you’ve never been to England?

Sure, the weather is fucking awful for the most part, but it’s certainly not a boring country.

Crowds in Superleague are much better than we have here. They make more noise than anything we generally get here apart from Origin. Considering they are directly competing with the biggest sport in the world in a country that has over 90 full time professional football teams they do pretty well in reality.

I like the relegation aspect of it as well. Puts the fear factor into teams and give the sides down the bottom a lot more to play for. All we get here is a bit of a reputation hit. No real consequence for under achievement.

I don't watch super league, but from the highlights, it seemed that there is no TMO. I don't mind that, if it looks like a try, the ref gives it, benefit to the attacking team.

I also think we should do away with knock-ons when it's contested, i.e. if 2 players jump for a ball and they bobble it into each other, just play on, whomever catches it wins possession.

if 2 players jump for a ball and they bobble it into each other, just play on, whomever catches it wins possession

Totally agree, this would be such a good change to the sport, this and actually penalising players who are nowhere near the ball and crash into other players taking them out but 'have eyes on the ball'. Then, actually penalising blockers or conversely divers harshly - these three things would make the aerial contest so much better.

Wish I bet on it... my 1 sport prediction moment is going to be Brodie Croft 😭

Dearden is now an origin hero.
Croft is a superman.

Whats that say about us.

I don't watch super league, but from the highlights, it seemed that there is no TMO. I don't mind that, if it looks like a try, the ref gives it, benefit to the attacking team.
I also think we should do away with knock-ons when it's contested, i.e. if 2 players jump for a ball and they bobble it into each other, just play on, whomever catches it wins possession.

The media would dissect it all on Monday and call for video refs and Captains call .
That`s what got us here in the 1st place .

The media would dissect it all on Monday and call for video refs and Captains call .
That`s what got us here in the 1st place .

Apologies for the late response, I left in disgust when we bombed out and have only just recovered enough to come back.

My point is, we make it a new rule, if possession is contested, then there no knock on, play on. I..e 2 players just for the back, or crash tackle bobbles etc.

That way, we do away with this 50/50 shit and there is nothing for video refs or the media to dissect because it's a rule.

Apologies for the late response, I left in disgust when we bombed out and have only just recovered enough to come back.

My point is, we make it a new rule, if possession is contested, then there no knock on, play on. I..e 2 players just for the back, or crash tackle bobbles etc.

That way, we do away with this 50/50 shit and there is nothing for video refs or the media to dissect because it's a rule.
I think players on the attacking side would purposely spoil and play at kicks to create loose ball chances.

Attackers already run through and throw their hand across the fullback/winger's face in attempt to throw then off... now imagine they can come in and legally deflect the ball forward, but they also have 5 of their kick chase mates ready to pounce on it.

Active Now

• Santa
  • lynx000
  • BroncosAlways
  • Waynesaurus
  • Pablo
  • Tmac
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Lozza
  • Aldo
  • Allo
  • Nerd
  • Broncorob
  • Behind enemy lines
  • winslow_wong
  • Broncosgirl
  • Jazza
  • GCBRONCO
  • thenry
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.