NEWS Bronco Captaincy Contenders

Agreeing with you is gross, but credit where it's due - this is probably spot on.

Credit is also due to you for incredibly not nominating the 2018 POTY.
Even when he was in his blistering POTY winning form in 2018 he still wasnt a captain.

Honestly I agree with you on Turpin. If Milford's defence wasn't so half assed I would of tried him at 9 before now. Especially with 3 man tackles and 2nd phase play. He would always find space to run into. TPJ is not a bad choice for captain either. I did say Oates, but that was more for his experience overall.

But we have to support the team we have for now. And hope they can do the job.
I'd play Milford at 8 or 10 for 80 minutes a match. It's weird isn't it? On the captaincy issue there's no strong case for anyone and strong cases against many in the team. I like Oates and if, after talking to him I was convinced he could follow a basic plan I'd ask him to stand up and lead them. I know I know many have said he's not too bright but he might be bright enough. It might even inspire him and surprise many.

I'm not saying he's an ideal choice or a good choicd but he does have a couple things in his favour. He's onfield for the match duration, he's a very senior player and he's fought back from adversity. When someone believes in a person strange things happen sometimes. If KW asked him and told him he thinks he can do the job you never know how Oates might react.

Even when he was in his blistering POTY winning form in 2018 he still wasnt a captain.
Yep, that's true. He even set up 12 tries that year. The same amount as a Fullback in Corey Norman managed and 1 more than an absolute gun like Kodi Nikorima.

Yep, that's true. He even set up 12 tries that year. The same amount as a Fullback in Corey Norman managed and 1 more than an absolute gun like Kodi Nikorima.
Not bad for a bloke playing half the season with one shoulder

God damnit, Jake fn Turpin. I don't even want him on the team.

Active Now

• Broncosarethebest
  • Thelmus
  • LittleDavey
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Dash
  • Broncosgirl
  • lynx000
  • TimWhatley
  • LockyersLeftBoot
  • Justwin
  • sooticus
  • levikaden
  • achievedrap
  • Porthoz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.