NEWS Bronco Super Cars

S

Spoon

QCup Player
May 24, 2015
Its actually newscorp using our name, not really us... we are but a marketing tool to them.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
"Shitty overpaid player with way too many years left on his contract decides to retire and become a race car driver". It could work.

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
"Shitty overpaid player with way too many years left on his contract decides to retire and become a race car driver". It could work.
Maybe it could be our way of doing a Storm, instead of a boat players can get their own car for the supercars.

Gaz

Gaz

NRL Captain
Contributor
Oct 7, 2017
Darius?

Renegade

Renegade

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 14, 2008
I thought car franchises/teams lose more money than they gain?

Maybe this is the final nail in the coffin for the Broncos ~conspiracy~

Allo

Allo

International Rep
Forum Staff
Sep 28, 2012
Can we **** Morris and 'News' Corpse off already.

Couldn't give a shit how much money we make/are worth because of them owning us, even though we aren't owned by them for making a profit - just as a means to an end

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Can we **** Morris and 'News' Corpse off already.

Couldn't give a shit how much money we make/are worth because of them owning us, even though we aren't owned by them for making a profit - just as a means to an end

get yourself about $50 million and you "may" be able to convince news corp to sell their majority share

NRL Captain
Contributor
Sep 22, 2016
As someone who races the only thing i can see out of this is them wanting to push the category into GT3 territory and market leverage. Smart move considering the amount of media control they have.

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Well, that's it. If it wasn't definite before, it is now. We're merely a business play-thing for rich ***** who just want to make money.

No longer a footy club.

I guess it happened long ago, but still.

Emanon

Emanon

QCup Player
Apr 26, 2021
Supercars? Basketball is on one massive high due to the Olympics, Ben Simmons and Patty Mills at the moment. Why not look at getting involved in the NBL instead?

Its one of the easiest games for a casual to watch, and open for over analysis, giving newscorp something to do in summer and on weeknights.

Mustafur

Mustafur

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Jun 13, 2019
Looks like we are being used as a facade to hide the Newscorp take over of that series.

NRL Captain
Contributor
Sep 22, 2016
Supercars? Basketball is on one massive high due to the Olympics, Ben Simmons and Patty Mills at the moment. Why not look at getting involved in the NBL instead?

Its one of the easiest games for a casual to watch, and open for over analysis, giving newscorp something to do in summer and on weeknights.
Fox have the majority of the broadcast rights and supercars currently own license for international events too. Each teams racing grid spot license is worth about 1.5-2mil alone. Top teams spend upward of 8m per year to run a car. It would purely be a system for them to reduce the cost of their broadcast rights and double down on marketing and expanding the category then flipping it. Could be an easy 300m bottom line gain in one year.

Emanon

Emanon

QCup Player
Apr 26, 2021
Fox have the majority of the broadcast rights and supercars currently own license for international events too. Each teams racing grid spot license is worth about 1.5-2mil alone. Top teams spend upward of 8m per year to run a car. It would purely be a system for them to reduce the cost of their broadcast rights and double down on marketing and expanding the category then flipping it. Could be an easy 300m bottom line gain in one year.
That's fair enough. I read somewhere else that its a joint bid with the guy who owns Boost Mobile.

I guess it also cements Peter V'Landys comment about being in the entertainment business, it's just not for me I guess.

I would of been looking at basketball or the music industry due to the over saturation of the NRL on radio stations and T.V, and it being a completely different audience and demographic.

But I can understand with the numbers, but Supercars is dead borrowing to watch on TV though for me.

Unread

Active Now

• Lurker
  • Bucking Beads
  • BroncosAlways
  • Old Mate
  • Justwin
  • Sproj
  • Fatboy
  • Xzei
  • Aldo
  • Porthoz
  • mystico
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.